Senior Software Engineer - Art Tools (Environment)
Posted on 5/27/2022
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Data Structures & Algorithms
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Proven track record developing artist tools for surfacing, lighting and rendering
- Industry experience in professional software development with proficiency in C++, Python, data structures, algorithms and engineering principles
- Experience programming plugins for DCC applications such as Maya or Blender
- Track record of designing robust APIs and libraries and writing clean code
- Experience with testing frameworks and modern CI/CD systems
- Bring the best surfacing, lighting and rendering tools of the industry into the cloud and design workflows that work for all creators
- Directly contribute to the code and the architectural roadmap, and promote high engineering standards
- Refactor legacy code into powerful and extensible APIs
- Ensure quality by investigating reported issues and writing automated tests around new or existing functionality
- Champion engineering principles and best practices
- Experience with Universal Scene Description and/or MaterialX
- Experience developing cloud native applications
- Strong knowledge of computer graphics, light transport and the underlying math
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.