Contrast Security is the world’s leading provider of security technology that enables software applications to protect themselves against cyberattacks, heralding the new era of self-protecting software. Contrast’s patented deep security instrumentation is the breakthrough technology that enables highly accurate assessment and always-on protection of an entire application portfolio without disruptive scanning or expensive security experts. Only Contrast has sensors that work actively inside applications to uncover vulnerabilities, prevent data breaches, and secure the entire enterprise from development to operations to production.
About the Position
Contrast Security is looking for a Technical Product Marketing Manager to play a lead role in telling our story to the technical practitioner audience. The Technical Product Marketing Manager is the technical lead for the Product Marketing team, responsible for technical writing, demo development, practitioner-focused campaigns, presentations, and more across the entire Contrast portfolio. The role is a great fit for sales engineers and technologists looking to broaden their marketing skills and help define the way our products are positioned and sold. You will work to understand the target audience and their pain points, then link Contrast’s unique value proposition and competitive differentiators to position us for market growth.
- Lead efforts to market to technical practitioners by deeply understanding their needs and use cases, as well as Contrast products and technology
- Create and deliver product demos to illustrate Contrast capabilities, differentiators, and benefits for practitioners
- Create technical product marketing materials, including videos, white papers, presentations, web content, and more
- Defines and delivers technical solution benefits, positioning, and expertise to sales reps & sales engineering teams
- Research competitive solutions and maintain competitive comparisons and evaluations
- Present in webinars and other public event forums to evangelize Contrast product capabilities and customer value
- Conduct sales enablement sessions to help field teams understand Contrast technology and how to position it effectively with prospects and customers
- Contribute to marketing strategy and messaging, and help maintain the technical accuracy of marketing messages
- Work with customers and partners to understand their needs and illustrate product capabilities and value
- Build and maintain a strong collaborative partnership with product management, engineering, sales, marketing, and other functions across the business
- 8-10+ years of demonstrated experience in technical product marketing, technical product management, sales engineering, or similar roles
- Hands-on experience working with application security testing solutions or DevSecOps tools
- Experience in enterprise software markets, ideally those serving IT Operations, Information Security, or Application teams
- Excellent technical skills
- Strong verbal communication skills, including an engaging presentation style
- Strong written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to generate easy-to-understand technical content that produces results
- An ability to collaborate effectively across functions and organizations
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive workforce. If you’re excited about this role but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
What We Offer
Salary and Other Compensation
This position’s standard base pay range is $136,000.00 - $204,000.00 annually. This position is also eligible for a VCP and equity package subject to the terms of the Company’s applicable plans. When determining a candidate’s compensation, we consider several factors: geography, skill set, experience, job scope, and current market data.
Contrast Security offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, Short Term Disability Insurance, Transit, and Commuter benefits, Flexible PTO, 56 hours of Annual Sick time, Paid Parental Leave and Paid Holidays.
The salary, other compensation, and benefits information are accurate as of the date of this posting. The Company reserves the right to modify this information at any time, subject to applicable law.
We are changing the world of software security. Do it with us.
We believe in what we do and are passionate about helping our customers secure their business.
If you’re looking for a challenge and want to enjoy where you work, you’ll love Contrast Security.
Contrast Security is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer, and our team is comprised of individuals from many diverse backgrounds, lifestyles, and locations. At Contrast, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our products. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Contrast is proud to be an equal-opportunity workplace. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.
By submitting your application, you are providing Personal Information about yourself (cover letter, resume, email address, etc.) and hereby give your consent for Contrast Security, Inc. and/or our HR-related Service Providers to use this information for the purpose of processing, evaluating and responding to your application for current and future career opportunities. If you are a resident of the European Economic Area or are applying for a position in the European Economic Area, Contrast’s Privacy Statement reflects our policies around compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and your rights respective to GDPR as a California resident, you are entitled to certain rights under CCPA: The California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) will go into effect on January 1, 2020. Under CCPA, businesses must be overtly transparent about the personal information they collect, use, and store on California residents. CCPA also gives employees, applicants, independent contractors, emergency contacts, and dependents (“CA Employee”) new rights to privacy.
Recruitment Agencies: Although we value the services you provide, at this time, we are only accepting resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have signed a formal agreement with us.