ClassDojo’s goal is to accelerate humanity’s progress, by giving every child on Earth an education they love.
We started by building a network that connects teachers, children, and families. ClassDojo’s flagship app is the #1 communication app connecting K-8 teachers, children, and families, globally. They use it to share what’s happening throughout the day through photos, videos, messages, and activities. It is actively used at an unprecedented scale: in over 95% of US schools, reaching ~51 million children in ~180 countries, with a team of just ~200 people ). We are now beginning to use this network to give kids the best learning experiences in the world, far beyond those a standard school can provide.
We hire for talent density. Our team comprises the most talented, entrepreneurial, and innovative teammates from around the world, with experience in education and large scale consumer internet companies, including Instagram, Netflix, Dropbox, Stripe, Uber, Y Combinator, and more. We’re building a company where the most talented people want to work. We believe you’ll do the best work of your life here—and you’ll pioneer the future of education, too.
What you’ll do:
As a Cloud Platform engineer at ClassDojo, you’ll be an integral part of building a platform that supports millions of students, teachers, and parents while making sure all of our teams are able to move quickly and effectively. You’ll work on production code from day one in a collaborative environment. In addition, you’ll help us further develop our high-quality engineering culture, one that values rapid iteration, collaboration, and best practices. Our code is heavily tested and deployed daily, and we’re serious about building a world-class engineering team.
You will be a match if:
- You have 5+ years of professional software engineering experience
- You have 1+ year of sysadmin or dev-ops engineering experience
- You are in the Americas time zone
You might be a good fit if:
- You’re excited to get things done, in a fast-paced environment
- You have an ownership mindset: you are comfortable with both responsibility and accountability
- You’re thoughtful about creating and maintaining a world-class engineering culture
- You work well in teams and enjoy collaborating with other engineers
- You enjoy working in a collaborative programming environment
- You are passionate about education and care about having impact on tens of millions of kids’ lives with your work
- You’ve used Terraform, Nomad, Consul
- You’ve worked with MongoDB or MySQL
- You have DevOps experience, especially on AWS
- > 7 years of professional software experience
 Some more context:
- ClassDojo’s $125m Series D (Forbes) and Sam’s note about it.
- ClassDojo is one of Y Combinator’s Top 100 companies
- ClassDojo’s Second Act Comes with First Profits (TechCrunch) and Sam’s note about it.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. We are happy to accommodate any disabilities or special needs. We are a distributed company, so we hire regardless of location, as long as you are willing to have significant hours overlap with one of the Americas time zones.