Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products and services on the planet. Since 2011, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched Passbook app to provide immigrants access to banking. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 2,200 employees across 8 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
Do you love big data? Does spending your day thinking about how we build the world’s best financial data platform, with high availability and accuracy bring you joy? In the Financial Products team, we are the stewards of Remitly’s financial data. We own the end-to-end data pipeline, from collection through reporting, and lead the ledger, accounting automation, and treasury systems for all of Remitly. This is an important part of Remitly’s operations – absolutely required for us to be able to conduct business. We own the underlying systems that fund all of Remitly’s transactions, allow us to understand and control profitability, and scalably comply with money-sending regulations.
As the Principal Engineer for Financial Products, you will be responsible for designing and building systems such as a highly scaled multi-product ledger system. You will understand our financial data pipelines deeply and recommend improvements that ensure high data quality and low human effort. You will deeply understand our Treasury, Accounting, and Reconciliation systems, and design changes to our underlying data stores that eliminate manual effort and simplify our automation. You will guide the entire Finance Products engineering organization, growing the careers of team members and shaping the engineering culture of Remitly as a whole.
As part of this team you will have the opportunity to make decisions that impact millions of customers and key parts of Remitly’s business. If you are an engineer who excels in a start-up like environment where teamwork, delivery and customer-focused solutions are paramount, we are excited to work with you!
What You’ll Do
- Define the vision and direction for our vNext Finance Data Platform.
- Build a financial ledger system to support all of Remitly
- Work closely with our teams in Seattle and Tel Aviv
- Create a culture within the organization that Aims for the Stars
- Partner closely with Product management and business partners
- Develop engineers at all levels.
- Report to the Director of Engineering for Finance Product
- Choose to work onsite, remote, or hybrid.
Who You Are
- A degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field or equivalent experience.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, Go, Python or Ruby.
- 8+ years of overall software development experience including leading development of reliable, available and scalable distributed systems (preferably related to big-data or financial systems)
- Experience as a technical leader on complex engineering projects with several engineers and working with partners such as Product Managers, Analysts, Accountants or Data Scientists.
- Experience driving and building long term technical strategy across multiple engineering teams.
- Experience mentoring engineers up to Senior levels.
- Experience with technical interviewing candidates for all levels up to Senior.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) available for eligible employees
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer
Compensation Details: The starting base salary range for this position is typically $187,500 - $225,000. In the U.S., Remitly employees are shareholders in our Company and equity is part of our total compensation plan. Your recruiter can share more information about medical benefits offered, as well as other financial benefits and total compensation components offered with this role.