Senior Software Developer
Posted on 1/24/2023
Calgary, AB, Canada
- A good understanding of virtual closed and open loop economies, and related technology and services, including various Web3 and blockchain technologies
- A strong understanding of all aspects of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate with multi-disciplinary internal teams and interact directly with partners, as well as write technical reports
- The ability to take ownership of a domain outside of your areas of expertise, working autonomously as needed
- Someone who enjoys working in an R&D environment, who is capable of forming their own requirements for hypothetical situations
- The skills to learn something new quickly, and then educate the rest of the team effectively
- Join a growing multidisciplinary team of developers, helping to improve Accelerate Solutions' digital economy and metaverse offerings for client projects
- Assist the team in forming ongoing partnerships with other internal technical teams within Unity
- Investigate and explore various new digital economy technologies
- Work with clients to help forge their digital economy roadmaps and strategies
- Experience with the Unity Engine, Unreal or another proprietary or commercial game engine
- Experience with third party game services, such as PlayFab or UGS
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.