Senior Audio Programmer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Los Angeles, CA, USA
- Experience in the Unreal Engine
- Fundamental skills in sound design: creating, editing, mixing of sounds for games
- Experience designing conversation/dialogue systems
- Experience writing custom DSP code
- Experience designing physics systems for audio
- Experience working on environmental audio, sound propagation and 3D audio
- Technical skills and understanding of audio rendering and compression technologies, and codecs
- Designing and implementing systems and tools for the audio team's needs (such as sound propagation, environmental audio, dialogue systems, physics systems etc.)
- Supporting sound designers in their use of these systems and tools
- Supporting and extending audio workflows and pipelines
- Writing clear, well-documented, portable, and highly functional code
- Profiling and performance-tuning code to remove bottlenecks
- Testing, debugging, and assuring the functional quality of all the audio within the game
- Participating in the design process, gathering requirements with other engineers and designers
- Creating measurable success while being self-directed and prioritizing your own workload
- Minimum 5 years professional programming experience and/or at least one shipped AAA title
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent C++ coding skills with experience in code optimization and multi-processor programming
- Comfortable writing and maintaining audio systems at all levels, from the base audio engine to game code, music and dialog management and tool support
- Solid code architecture skills and system design experience
- Commitment to code quality, documentation, and sound testing procedures
- Advanced skills in Vector Math (vector operations, bounding volumes, transform operations) and Physics
- Experience implementing interactive 3D audio in dynamic game-world environments
- Experience with Wwise API
- Knowledge of game engines and the constraints of game consoles
- Ability to work independently and also within a multidisciplinary team where you can communicate ideas with the sound team and other engineers
- Passion for games, enthusiasm, initiative, and a strong work ethic
Entertainment and social conglomerate
Tencent's is on a mission to use technology for good. The company operates social messaging service WeChat and has produced some of the world's most popular games and content.
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Uphold principles, ethics, openness and fairness.
- Proactivity: Pursue positive contributions, volunteer for responsibility and push for breakthroughs.
- Collaboration: Be inclusive and collaborative, strive to progress and evolve.
- Creativity: Push for breakthrough innovations, explore the possibilities of the future.