Software Engineer Ii
Posted on 4/25/2022
- Extensive professional experience with Java and familiarity with Scala
- Experience designing and developing data engineering pipelines using Map-Reduce or Spark and running it at production scale on an on-prem or cloud-based cluster
- Familiarity with one or more relational databases (MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with maven, sbt, GitHub
- Minimum two years of professional experience developing commercial software
- Strong aptitude for writing well designed, testable, and efficient code
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Working knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodology, tools, and techniques
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment: learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Contributes to team efforts to produce high quality software inclusive of requirements analysis, system design, implementation, testing, deployment, and support
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide insights on operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics
- Create data tools for analytics and data science team members to assist them in building and integrating models
- Writes clear technical documentation and comments in code for other developers
- Writes unit tests and automated test scripts
- Participates in team meetings and encourages an open, collaborative team dynamic
- Communicates with team and management about deadlines, roadblocks, and status
- Keeps up to date on relevant technologies, methodologies, and tools
- Performs other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in Computer Science, Programming, or similar field
- Professional experience with high-throughput data ingestion queuing/streaming (Rabbit, Kafka, Kinesis, etc.)
- Familiar with Kubernetes, Docker, and Jenkins or similar build automation system
- Experience with QA & Testing, including unit tests, TDD methods, and automated testing
Cision is a global media intelligence company that offers PR and social software as well as analytics.
- We Are One - Working together, we are empowered to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- We Embrace Differences - We honor diversity of ideas, people and beliefs. Our diversity enables us to create innovative solutions to serve our customers' needs.
- We Are Dedicated - We are committed to tenaciously working on behalf of our clients and partners with our teams.
- We Constantly Evolve - We are curious, embrace new ideas and create change. This means we drive growth for our customers. It also means we have a learning culture where our people have the opportunity to develop into tech leaders.
- We-Celebrate - We have culture ambassadors in each office who ensure that our people get recognition for their hard work and ensure we celebrate our wins, both big and small.