Mythical Games is a Venture-backed game technology company powering the next generation of players, games, and studios. Our goal is to launch exceptional video games that leverage distributed ledger tech while providing a platform that will allow other game developers to do the same.
At Mythical Games, we are proud of our ‘People First’ culture. We believe that it takes great people and culture to make great products. By treating each other with empathy and respect, we can live fulfilling lives outside our jobs while also creating exceptional work.
We are currently looking for a Sr. Motion Designer, Creative Strategy to join our growing Marketing and Branding team. The Sr. Motion Designer is responsible for creating industry leading motion graphics for our company and IP. Your focus will be working with the internal team and external agencies to maintain and uphold the look and feel of our game IP as well as produce top-quality visual assets for them. You will be working on assets such as key art, logos, trailers, typography, and whatever else might pop up. Your goal is to delight our gamers and create hype for our company and games.
- Create top-notch marketing concepts that resonate with the target audience, for use across multiple marketing channels
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and external partners to coordinate the production and delivery of marketing materials
- Own deliverables and initiatives with acute attention to craft and detail
- Maintain quality amidst a high volume of deliverables
- Constantly strive for better, more innovative solutions across marketing channels
- Hands-on creative development from concept to completion
- Create storyboards and styleframes
- 2D / 3D Motion Design and Animation target renders
- Get involved with idea generation
- A willingness to learn new skills and software as required for each project
- Keep up to date with current design, visual art trends
- Adapt to project requirements with a problem-solving approach
- Extensive motion design experience, preferably across multiple industries, with a focus on gaming
- Expert in motion design
- Master of the Adobe Creative Suite and other related software
- Strong typography skills
- Ability to execute and support design vision for the studio, brand, and games, with exceptional visuals, technical understanding and asset creation
- Must have an eye for graphical quality and knowledge of techniques to achieve visual targets
- Strong communication/listening, interpersonal, and organizational skills.
- Passion for making and playing great games, demonstrating an awareness of current titles, genres, and industry trends
Required Application Materials:
- Portfolio demonstrating relevant artistic skills
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album)
The expected base salary range for this role is based on the location where the employee’s work will be performed and is aligned to one of our three compensation pay range tiers. Base pay is just one part of Mythical’s total compensation package, which is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their efforts and contributions. This role is also eligible to participate in Mythical’s Corporate Bonus and Equity Plan.
Pay Ranges by Tier:
Tier 1: $146,000 - $201,000
Tier 2: $132,000 - $182,000
Tier 3: $117,000 - $161,000
Locations by Tier:
Tier 1 Locations: San Francisco Bay Area - California
Tier 2 Locations: Remainder of California (outside of the SF Bay Area), Washington state, Massachusetts state, New York state
Tier 3 Locations: All other states outside of California, Washington, Massachusetts, and New York.
The base salary for each successful applicant will be dependent on a variety of factors, including work location, education, qualifications, competencies, relevant work experience, business needs, and market demands. Therefore, in some circumstances, the actual salary could fall outside of this expected range. This pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Our team values diversity and believes that it strengthens our games, products, and communities. We strongly encourage POC, folks with disabilities, those belonging to the LGBTQIA+ communities, and people across all gender to apply.
If you need assistance with accommodations due to a disability, please reach out to [email protected]. We’ll be with you as soon as possible; our goal is to ensure an accessible and equitable interview process.