We are Datadog’s in-house product experts. The technical solutions team enables Datadog’s worldwide growth by educating potential clients and ensuring that existing customers are happy and successful. We share our technical and product expertise with customers through demos, presentations, technical evaluations, and ongoing support. Technical solutions is a growing global team that collaborates constantly to share knowledge and continuously advance our technical skillset.
The Director, Technical Account Management will lead the TAM team to provide hands-on technical services to our largest customers by supporting, adopting and providing guidance over the comprehensive suite of products and features available at Datadog. The TAM team is held in high regard as an expert and trusted advisor for how IT Operations translates to business value.
At Datadog, we place value in our office culture - the relationships and collaboration it builds and the creativity it brings to the table. We operate as a hybrid workplace to ensure our Datadogs can create a work-life harmony that best fits them.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead and develop a global team of Technical Account Managers and second line managers, helping to ensure customer success post-sale
- Report and develop metrics relating to utilization, productivity and other measures across the team, the leaders, and the individual contributors
- Knowledgeable about working within a Profit and Loss (PnL)
- Set goals and manage and deliver change across your organization through a quarterly and annual OKR (Objectives and Key Results) framework
- Design and implement processes and procedures necessary to scale a successful global Technical Account Management team
- Actively partner with our Sales and Customer Success to sell and position the Technical Account Management program
- Lead strategic initiatives on optimizing the post-sale experience at Datadog with other cross-functional leaders
- Deliver consistent feedback and performance reviews along with collaborating on and executing individual development plans.
- Conduct regular 1:1’s with team members to provide constructive feedback and skills development
Who You Are:
- A person who has had 10+ years of leadership experience and at least 3+ years leading leaders in a field facing capacity
- Have led an organization of 80+ full time employees or a similar remit of responsibility or impact
- Have a track record of hiring, growing and inspiring team members across a wide range of experience levels
- Understand the nuances and have experience of doing business in many different countries and cultures across Asia, Europe and the Americas.
- Experienced in successful implementation of process and procedure in a scaling region.
- Professional experience growing account adoption, knowledge and / or expansion in accounts
- Able to sit up to 4 hours, traveling to and from client sites
- Able to travel via auto, train or air up to 30% of the time
Benefits and Growth:
- Best-in-breed onboarding
- Generous global benefits
- Intra-departmental mentor and buddy program for in-house networking
- New hire stock equity (RSUs) and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP)
- Continuous professional development, product training, and career pathing
- An inclusive company culture, able to join our Community Guilds and Inclusion Talks
Benefits and Growth listed above may vary based on the country of your employment and the nature of your employment with Datadog.
The reasonably estimated salary for this role at Datadog ranges from $215,000 - $316,000, plus a competitive equity package, and may include variable compensation. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition, Datadog offers a wide range of best in class, comprehensive and inclusive employee benefits for this role including healthcare, dental, parental planning, and mental health benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, paid time off, fitness reimbursements, and a discounted employee stock purchase plan.
Datadog (NASDAQ: DDOG) is a global SaaS business, delivering a rare combination of growth and profitability. We are on a mission to break down silos and solve complexity in the cloud age by enabling digital transformation, cloud migration, and infrastructure monitoring of our customers’ entire technology stacks. Built by engineers, for engineers, Datadog is used by organizations of all sizes across a wide range of industries. Together, we champion professional development, diversity of thought, innovation, and work excellence to empower continuous growth. Join the pack and become part of a collaborative, pragmatic, and thoughtful people-first community where we solve tough problems, take smart risks, and celebrate one another. Learn more about #DatadogLife on Instagram, LinkedIn and Datadog Learning Center.
Equal Opportunity at Datadog:
Datadog is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and is proud to offer equal employment opportunity to everyone regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, and more. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Any information you submit to Datadog as part of your application will be processed in accordance with Datadog’s Applicant and Candidate Privacy Notice.