Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Westport, CT, USA
- 5+ years of fundamental equity research experience on the buyside, preferably alternative investment firm experience
- Strong academic credentials with either post-graduate qualifications (MBA or CFA) or relevant industry experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills; experience working with and analyzing large datasets
- Strong accounting knowledge and financial modeling skills required, prior experience modeling financial companies preferred
- Demonstrated ability to produce insightful investment research and passion for investing
- Have demonstrated interest in or knowledge of the following sectors: internet, payments, software, semiconductors, and business services
- Are a self-starter who is an independent thinker, intellectual, honest, and able to challenge the status quo in a constructive manner
- Have excellent communication skills and strong interpersonal skills
- Are known for your can-do attitude when tackling daily tasks
- Are intellectually curious, detail-oriented and willing to "get into the weeds" in order to develop unique, actionable investment ideas
- Are a flexible, resilient team player with a positive attitude
- Conduct original, fundamental research and translate key learnings into actionable investment decisions
- Develop logical, comprehensive frameworks for the on-going assessment of industry and company fundamentals
- Attend industry meetings to develop a detailed understanding of key value drivers
- Articulate investment ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Undergoing a training program of structured classes and on-the-job apprenticeship
- Taking ownership of increasingly complex systems and processes
- Taking on oversight and mentorship responsibilities to grow talent as you gain experience
- Opportunities to grow your career across Bridgewater depending on your strengths, weaknesses, and experience
World's largest hedge fund
Bridgewater Associates is an asset management firm, focused on delivering unique insight and partnership for global institutional investors.
- Best-in-class medical insurance and prescription drug coverage, with all premiums fully covered by Bridgewater, for employees and their dependents.
- Generous dental and vision insurance offerings.
- Concierge patient services for anyone dealing with serious or chronic issues and the capability to find the highest quality doctors in their area.
- Telemedicine service with 24/7 availability of medical professionals at no cost to employees.
- Confidential and free counseling services with licensed therapists and clinicians provided through our Employee Assistance Program.
- Healthcare Advocate advisors to help navigate the healthcare system.
- Ability to take time off when employees need it: Our new flexible paid time off policy requires employees to take a minimum of 15 days per year, with no cap. In addition, there are 16 annual company holidays — the standard NYSE schedule plus six additional holidays, yielding several four-day weekends throughout the year.
- Unlimited, fully paid sick days for all Bridgewater employees.
- Paid and unpaid leave of absence options, including fully paid short-term disability, long-term disability benefits, and bereavement.
- Eight weeks of fully paid parental bonding and care-giving time for all new parents with an additional eight weeks of paid medical recovery time for those who give birth.
- Optional part-time ramp back program for returning parents as they transition back to work.
- State-of-the-art mother’s rooms with equipment and accessories to support breastfeeding mothers.
- Resources for parents, including a working parents group, support finding childcare, and support for parents of children with behavioral or developmental special needs.
- Support for family planning that includes financial assistance for adoption, surrogacy, and egg/embryonic freezing costs.
- 30 days of back-up dependent care, with access to a national network of childcare centers, in-home providers, and eldercare resources as well as discounted rates on academic support services.
- Pet insurance plans that reimburse eligible veterinary expenses relating to wellness coverage, accidents, illnesses, and injuries.
- For employees on Guard or Reserve assignments, Bridgewater ensures full pay for up to a year and continuous benefits coverage for up to two years.
- Competitive 401(k) plan that matches up to $15k of employee contributions annually, with immediate eligibility and vesting.
- Free and automatic enrollment into Basic Life insurance; supplemental life insurance is available at cost for employees who are looking for additional coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts for eligible health and dependent care expenses, which allow employees to set aside pre-tax dollars for eligible medical needs, childcare, or eldercare.
- Competitive group rates for life and accident insurance, auto and home insurance, and group legal plans.
- Commuter benefit program that allows employees to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for commuting costs via public transportation.
- Remote work flexibility with most employees required to work onsite 2-3 days per week, with flexibility to work offsite on other days.
- Free access to on-site gyms and meditation rooms.
- Free daily prepared lunch and a variety of on-the-go meals, snack, and beverage options.
- Engaged and active community that includes frequent company events (such as our Distinguished Speaker Series), several affinity networks, and nearly 100 employee-led extracurricular groups.