S’more about the team
Within HelloFresh, the Category Management team is committed to revolutionize our end-to-end sourcing processes. Reporting to the Director, Strategic Sourcing, you will have the opportunity to develop and implement a roadmap to improve the packaging category, the quality and sustainability aspect of our products and the reliability of our supply chain. You will also lead negotiations with vendors, develop exciting new secondary packaging solutions, and guide procurement process improvements. Through this, you will maintain a commitment to creating sustainable packaging alternatives. In this role, you will have the opportunity to make decisions that will impact the entire company and deliver the best possible value to our customers.
Lettuce share what this role will be responsible for
- Develop innovative and sustainable new packaging solutions
- Refine and implement a sourcing and supply chain strategy for our packaging category that optimizes process, reduces risk, and increases profitability
- Be accountable for category performance: delivering saving initiatives, ensuring on time/in full/in quality delivery from all vendors and supporting internal stakeholders to execute the sourcing plan
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement, both internally and externally through strong vendor relationships, identifying opportunities for cost reduction and quality improvements and implementing best practices
- Build and maintain a strong supplier base that align with our company values
- Coach and mentor a team of direct and indirect reports
- Be the subject matter expert in all things related to packaging procurement
- All other duties as assigned
Sound a-peeling? Here’s what we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in business, engineering, supply chain or related discipline
- 5+ years of related work experience, with supply chain, operations, management consulting or strategic sourcing background
- Strong knowledge and interest in strategic sourcing and continuous improvement processes
- An analytical and a problem-solving expert who uses data to drive decisions - strong Excel skills are a must!
- The ability to build and effectively communicate a strategic plan to stakeholders at all levels - ie. from buyers to the CEO
- Proactive, ambitious, and assertive: you take ownership of your work and think beyond the scope of a given assignment
- An entrepreneurial mindset and a passion for solving complex problems
Let’s cut to the cheese, this is why you’ll love it here
- Box Discount - Amazing discounts on 1 box per week! 75% discount on weekly HelloFresh and Chefs Plate meal kits AND 50% off weekly Factor meal box
- Health & Wellness -Health & Dental benefits from day 1, a Health Spending Account, and unlimited access to the Headspace app to meet your self-care needs.
- Vacation & PTO -Time off is also an important part of self-care! We offer generous vacation and PTO to help you create a good work-life balance.
- Family Benefits - A parental leave top-up program for expectant parents
- WFH Allowance - A one time fund to help you set up or improve your home office
- Growth & Development - We support your career progression, provide development opportunities, and invest in your continued learning through our organization wide L&D fund
- Work Hard & Have Fun - From team socials to HQ Wellness Wednesdays, you’ll have plenty of opportunity to experience the fun!
- Diversity & Inclusion Initiatives - With impactful ERG’s like HelloChange and Women Empowerment, we are committed to our diversity, equity & inclusion efforts
- Food Puns - this one is kind of a big dill if you haven’t already noticed. We even have some punny meeting room names!
Flexible Hybrid Approach
At HelloFresh, we know that flexible work arrangements are essential in enabling you to do your best work, while balancing your personal and life needs. Offering remote work flexibility, along with the opportunity to interact and collaborate in the office are all a part of creating a great employee experience.
To meet these needs, we are pleased to provide Flexible Hybrid work. Flexible Hybrid is a people-first approach that is based on choice, trust, personalization, and empowers teams to choose when and how often they work from the office and work from home, in addition to team days and company days. This means a minimum of 1 day in office per week (or 4 days per month), with most teams in office between 2-3 days a week.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
The health and safety of all staff members at HelloFresh is our top priority. As such, we are committed to taking every reasonable precaution to protect the health and well-being of our employees against the risks of COVID-19.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is proven to be a safe and effective tool in protecting our health and our communities. In support of this, we have adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requiring all staff members to be fully vaccinated in order to access the office or to attend a HelloFresh sanctioned event located outside of the office.