Data Platform Engineer
Posted on 5/12/2022
New York, NY, USA
- Passion for building highly scalable and available systems used by Data Engineers, capable of efficiently running hundreds of data pipelines at the same
- Orchestrating data workflows with Apache Airflow
- Processing large workloads using distributed data systems such as Redshift, Athena, Spectrum, Spark, Hadoop, and Trino
- Processing real-time streaming workloads with distributed event systems such as Kafka and Kinesis
- Designing and maintaining production systems leveraging your knowledge and experience based on different business use cases, trade-offs, performance, and limitations
- Implementing data lake, warehouse, and lakehouse architectures leveraging your knowledge of data archiving and retrieval solutions and their relationship to access vs. cost
- Experimenting with new technologies, solving problems in the most efficient way
- Building, running and maintaining enterprise production platforms
- Data security and privacy (e.g. GDPR, CPP)
- Data governance and data testing frameworks (e.g., Alation, Great Expectations)
- Continuous integration and delivery of production data products
- An inclusive culture that expects excellence and priorities your growth as an engineer and your well-being as a person
- Advance your career within well-defined, skill-based tracks, either as an individual contributor or as a manager - both providing equal opportunities for compensation and advancement
- Apply your experience and intellect as part of an autonomous team with end-to-end ownership of key components of our data architecture
- Serve as a mentor to more junior engineers not only in cultivating craftsmanship but also in achieving operational excellence - system reliability, automation, data quality, and cost-efficiency
Fantasy sports and online U.S. sportsbook
Fanduel is on a mission to make sports more exciting. The company provides a daily fantasy sports platform with a range of game types for players with a guaranteed prize pool for the winners.
- From peer-to-peer learning to industry conferences, there are a number of ways to develop your career
- From your head to your toes we’ve got you covered with our 100% health insurance coverage
- We keep a well-stocked supply of snacks and refreshments to keep you going throughout the day
- Flexible hours and vacation scheduling let you work when you’re at your best
- We provide the latest tech and equipment, you get the job done
- We’re not just a company, we’re a collective. And we’re not just coworkers, we’re a community.
- We’re an all-hands-on-deck crew of dreamers, doers, thinkers, makers, builders, breakers, and rebuilders.
- We value teamwork above all else.
- We believe that diversity and inclusiveness are at the core of any good team.
- Passion for building a product our customers will love, passion for being the best in our field, and passion for our own people.