✨ One platform, a whole world of opportunity
Right now, the best jobs are limited to people in a handful of the world’s wealthiest cities, yet brilliant people are everywhere. Driven to overturn the status quo and distribute opportunities equally around the world, Oyster launched its global employment platform to help companies hire, pay, and care for talent anywhere.
When it comes to global employment, we walk the walk. We’re proof that companies don’t need an office to create a highly-engaged culture. Since the company’s inception in January 2020, Oyster has:
🌏 Created a fully-distributed, vibrant team of 500+ employees across 60+ countries
🌈 Established a diverse leadership team and an employee base that’s 60% female
🏆 Achieved one of the highest employee engagement scores in its class
🦄 Raised $150 million in Series C funding at a valuation of over $1 billion!
Our momentum speaks to the power of global employment—and we’re just getting started! If you want to change the world with Oyster and be empowered to work remotely while doing so, we’d love for you to apply!
👩💻 The Role
Location: While this position is posted in a specific location, all of Oyster’s positions are fully remote and you can work from home. Forever. To create the best experience for our new hire (you?!) this role does require that you are based within UTC +3 / -5.
Director, Channel Partnerships
Oyster is hiring an experienced director for our fast-growing global Channel Partnerships team. This is an exciting opportunity to be at the forefront of the future of work and supercharge our team’s performance.In this role, you will be scaling one of Oyster’s most exciting revenue streams. You will lead a highly-capable team of channel partner managers and be responsible for achieving channel pipeline and revenue goals. You will drive results by enabling and motivating the team to build strong commercial partnerships. You will negotiate referral and distribution agreements and align with cross-functional teams to launch and grow channel partner segments.Oyster’s Partnerships team operates at the intersection of Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing, Product, and Global Operations to drive revenue results and enable high-value partner, customer and team members experiences. The team is uniquely positioned to be agile and flexible and is also supported by adjacent teams and established processes.
What you’ll do…
- Deliver pipeline & revenue growth for the channel partnerships team
- Hire, develop and mentor a team of quota-carrying partner and program managers
- Develop and execute innovative ideas for both new partner segments to explore and how to maximize output from existing segments
- Win new high-value partnerships via strong relationship-building and successful commercial negotiations
- Effectively articulate Oyster’s unique value proposition to prospective partners and customers
- Define team & individual OKRs, track metrics using internal tools, & report performance to leadership
- Maintain strong relationships and consistent engagement with Oyster’s high-value partners
- Collaborate effectively with the Sales, Marketing, Legal, Finance, Operations, and Product teams
What we are looking for :
- 10+ years working in commercial roles with experience at a high-growth startup;
- 2+ years experience leading a quota carrying team
- An entrepreneurial partnerships team leader with demonstrated success in generating profitable revenue growth for VC-backed startups
- Experience building and growing a distributed team
- Strong commercial instincts and track record for identifying good opportunities, negotiating favorable deals, and implementing successful product and channel partnerships
- Analytically-minded with financial acumen – must be able to build compelling business cases
- Someone who can continue to build, develop, and motivate a high-performing commercial team
- Creative problem solver with strong organizational savvy and communication skills
- Ability to make good decisions in the face of uncertainty, ambiguity, or imperfect information
- Enthusiasm to ‘roll up your sleeves’ and engage directly with partners and customers as required
- Strong and skillful communication with stakeholders across all levels of an organization
- Data driven decision making abilities informed by analysis and logic over anecdote or emotion
- A collaborative approach to work effectively cross-functionally and the ability to navigate change with agility
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills & a high level of professionalism
- Payroll, PEO, EOR or other HR and work-tech experience strongly preferred
You’ll also need...
- A reliable home internet connection (or be able to get one)
- Fluent English language skills
🦪 How we work together at Oyster
Our values guide the work we do, the decisions we make, and the culture that makes us special. We elevate talent. 🙌 We build trust. 🤝 We thrive together. 🌍
Our mission is to create a more equal world—one global hire at a time. Everything we do ladders up to our mission—and that doesn’t just mean building software. We develop programs, participate in workshops, and create dedicated teams to ensure we successfully support companies and knowledge workers in this new world of work.
We embrace asynchronous communication and collaborative work—and we share how we work in the Oyster Public HQ —to help other global teams learn from our experiences.
💌 How YOU work
Different countries have different statutory benefits, different cultures have different norms, and different people have different needs! In order to best support and encourage our diverse team, we’ve created How YOU Work; a program of policies, practices, and perks to support your whole human experience as an employee at Oyster.
- Work from anywhere: Oyster is a borderless, HQ-less company. As long as your work gets done on time, your team has the support they need, and you’re authorized to work where you live, the world is truly your Oyster.
- Paid time off: We’re all about taking breaks—we all need it. Oyster provides employees with 40 days off each year, which includes public/bank holidays and vacation/holiday leave (unless your country mandates more).
- Mental health support: We consider your mental health a top priority. We offer access to Plumm, a mental well-being service, to support your mental health.
- Wellbeing allowance: Each month, Oyster will top up your Juno wallet with a wellbeing allowance. Juno Points can be applied to anything that helps you show up to work as your best self, whether that’s your internet bill, a class, gym membership, or houseplants. The choices are endless!
- Flexible parental leave: Families are created in lots of different ways. Our parental leave policy applies to all employees who are becoming parents, regardless of how they become a parent. Oysters are eligible for a minimum of three months of paid parental leave and your job will be held for 12 months (or longer if required by local jurisdiction).
- WFH stipend: $3000 stipend to spend on your laptop and any other equipment you need for your home office; we’ll get you up and running in no time!
✨ The best jobs should be available to everyone
At Oyster, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences and we’ve intentionally built our product and our company with an inclusive, global mindset. We know from experience that people from underrepresented groups often don’t apply for roles they don’t feel they meet all the criteria for. We’re committed to elevating talent by creating a trust-based environment where we can all thrive together. So if you think you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily check every single box, please consider applying. We’d love to hear how you might contribute to our mission and our team.
Oyster is committed to ensuring equal opportunity of employment for qualified persons with disabilities and actively fosters an inclusive work environment. Please email [email protected] with the subject line: Interview Accommodations if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.