Who we are:
Geotab ® is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work™.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Geotab Marketplace ®, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog
and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram
. Join our talent network
to learn more about job opportunities and company news.
Geotab cares about your safety. You may be required to be vaccinated based on the nature of your work (ex: travel requirements) or due to changing local governmental health requirements.
Who you are:
We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Global Business Development Account Manager who is responsible for increasing Geotab’s footprint with existing customers by building relationships and developing strategies to expand into new regions globally. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
As a Global Business Development Account Manager your key area of responsibility will be internal business development and account management. This role acts as an account manager to select, strategic accounts with growth potential. This position takes a consultative approach to nurture complex accounts and broaden the use of the Geotab ecosystem: SDK, Marketplace and Big Data. You will need to work closely with Geotab’s Sales, Legal, Business Affairs and Global teams, as well as communicate with external vendors. To be successful in this role you will have a strategic mindset, strong analytical and collaboration skills. The successful candidate will also be able to manage multiple timelines and contrasting priorities to ensure timely results.
How you’ll make an impact:
- Increase Geotab’s footprint with existing customers by building relationships and developing strategies to expand into new regions.
- Develop strong, collaborative relationships with the customers to provide innovative, valuable business recommendations around large fleet best practices.
- Increase revenue and unit sales by maintaining and improving relationships with current global customers.
- Achieve and surpass revenue targets through actively developing and nurturing relationships with existing customers.
- Educate and articulate the value of continual investment with data provided by Geotab and our partners.
- Present insights and consult to strategic customers and internal stakeholders.
- Utilize pilots to quantify the value created by engaging with the Geotab ecosystem.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews for all assigned customers.
- Develop and lead execution of sales forecasts and targets to be achieved annually.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all Geotab products, marketplace products, and industry trends that impact assigned vertical.
- Promote and raise the profile of the Geotab solution offering, ensuring that the company achieves positive brand equity and captures market/mind share.
- Provide input on new business opportunities, competitive analysis, market trends, and business environment.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives.
What you’ll bring to this role:
- 5+ years experience as an individual contributor in a consultative sales function.
- 3+ years experience in consulting, business operations, or program management.
- Experience in technical sales.
- Strong aptitude for understanding technical and business requirements.
- Proven track record in developing new sales and accounts.
- Able to anticipate and understand customer’s needs and provide viable solutions.
- Exceptional skills in developing and maintaining client relationships.
- A well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to problem solve well-judged decisions.
- Ability to translate technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides), Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tools.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree or equivalent experience. Specializing in Business, Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
If you got this far, we hope you’re feeling excited about this role! Even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply.
Why job seekers choose Geotab:
Work from home and flex work arrangements
Home office reimbursement program
Online learning and networking opportunities
Electric vehicle purchase incentive program
Full medical benefits & 4% 401k company matching RSP
*The above are offered to full-time permanent employees only
How we work:
At Geotab, we have adopted a flexible first
working model in that we have systems, functions, programs and policies in place to support both in-person and virtual work. However, you are welcomed and encouraged to come into our beautiful, safe, clean offices as often as you like. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
Other employment statements:
Geotab will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Additionally, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.
Geotab provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Geotab complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Geotab expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Geotab’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge. If you would like more information about our EEO program or wish to file a complaint, please contact our EEO officer, Alex Cocq at HRCom[email protected]. For more details, view a copy of the EEOC’s Know Your Rights poster. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.