Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
The Customer Identity Cloud Developer Engagement & Relations Team
The Developer Engagement & Relations team works to inspire, educate, and guide developers to better secure their applications using Customer Identity Cloud (powered by Auth0). We engage the global developer community - locally and digitally - using inspiring content and authentic programs that earn developer trust and advocacy. We are a diverse and impactful advocacy team that proactively collaborates across Okta to serve developers and advocate on their behalf.
The Senior Developer Advocate Opportunity
Reporting to the Manager, Americas Developer Advocacy, this role will help our team build relationships with .NET developers around the world. A successful candidate will use tactics and tools available to engage with developers authentically while also identifying opportunities to provide more support for the community. They will share identity knowledge, product awareness, and best practices that make developers aware of Auth0 and help them build with Auth0.
What you’ll be doing
- Educating developers about Auth0 and identity by connecting with developers where they are, including writing, speaking, streaming, and building code samples (travel up to 30% of the year)
- Serving the developer community by answering questions and listening to feedback on online platforms like chat forums, GitHub, social media, and Slack and Discord servers
- Capturing feedback and sharing it with marketing, engineering, and product teams at Okta to help improve our developer experience
- Supporting our Auth0 Ambassadors, open-source communities, and internal cross team partnerships to help amplify our ability to reach developers globally
What you’ll bring to the role
- 3+ years as a developer or developer advocate, preferably focused on backend technologies like .NET.
- Experience taking complex topics and making them understandable and accessible to developers of different experience levels.
- Empathy for developers that allows you to articulate ways to make all developers’ lives easier.
And extra credit if you have experience in any of the following!
- You are comfortable learning multiple skills simultaneously and managing multiple projects at once
- You are a strong independent contributor, but you enjoy collaborating with teammates and multi-functional teams
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between:
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.