Posted on 7/26/2022
Redmond, WA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of facilities and/or maintenance experience
- Experience in construction, project management, equipment maintenance, and tenant improvements
- Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R), concrete, framing, and industrial gas trade
- Knowledge of basic engineering and construction principles and methods
- Familiar with industrial air fittings and maintenance
- Able to read instructions and blueprints
- Familiar with project management software, MS Excel, Word, or other project tracking software
- Written and verbal communication skills, use of MS Outlook and Teams
- Experience in a fast-paced manufacturing facility
- Self-motivated and works well with others
- Own their own set of basic maintenance tools
- Safety training and use of fork lifts, scissor lifts, cranes & hoists, fall protection equipment
- Must be able to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed. Estimated start times:
- 1st shift: Monday to Friday from 7 AM - 3:30 PM
- 2nd shift: Sunday to Thursday from 2 PM - 10:30 PM
- On-call 1 weekend/month
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, climbing up and down ladders, bending, grasping, sitting, pulling, pushing, stooping, and stretching may be required to perform the functions of this position
- Must have a valid WA driver's license
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform routine building maintenance tasks including non-technical troubleshooting and repair of plumbing, electrical, HVAC and/or carpentry requests
- Conduct repairs to the facilities and premises as assigned including painting, patching walls, replacing ceiling tiles, assembling furniture, office equipment, and kitchen equipment, installing, replacing, and repairing carpet, tiles, etc
- Coordinate and manage multi-trade projects working with skilled partners and vendors while communicating with production engineers and production management on project timelines
- Perform inspections and repairs to assigned property interior and exterior areas, including walls, flooring, installed fixtures, roofing systems, and lighting
- Aid janitorial and hospitality staff with general requests for support in the manufacturing and office spaces including moving furniture, racks, and equipment, disposing of garbage using forklifted dumpster bins, set-up and tear down of special event areas
- Manage other campus-wide operations and maintenance programs and inventory spaces assigned by facilities management
- Operate forklifts, scissor lifts, and boom lifts when needed
- Open, track, and resolve electronic work tickets on SpaceX's custom work order system
- Adhere to proper safety guidelines at all times
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.