Who We Are:
At Platform Science, we’re working to connect everything that moves.
Founded in 2015, we are an open IoT platform that partners with innovative fleets, application developers, vehicle manufacturers, and equipment providers in the transportation industry to deliver revolutionary solutions to supply chain professionals across the globe.
Our employees are an engaging, diverse group of people who believe in the power of great ideas. We hire people with different experiences and perspectives to build a company culture that fuels growth through innovation.
We value thoughtful actions and empathy for others. We approach challenges with resiliency and creativity, while encouraging transparency because, no matter our backgrounds or responsibilities, we are one team.
About the Role:
This role will be instrumental in building out the financial infrastructure to track, reconcile and bill customers for software and partner applications. The end goal is to automate all revenue aspects of the customer life cycle; working collaboratively across Platform Science to ensure completeness, accuracy and reliability of the underlying data. This candidate will be a thought partner to leadership and identify/monitor key insights relating to our revenue operations that will influence business decision making as we scale; doing so while ensuring the application of sound accounting principles and practices. This role will be a partner to other departments within the organization and successful candidates will be able to adapt to changing priorities in a fast paced environment while also having a willingness to get their hands dirty when necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Identify and implement process improvements to the order-to-cash process, optimizing for automation and scalability; including the implementation of new billing/revenue recognition software
- Manage the revenue month-end close process; including third-party partner coordination and data validation that impacts time to close
- Create, maintain and distribute billable unit reporting across the organization
- Process and reconcile partner application data and royalty calculations/payments; including posting any adjusting entries to our GL
- Work cross functionally with Sales, Engineering, Legal, Rev Ops, and Data to align on data flow, validation, and integrity
- Analyze new partner engagements and leverage business systems to track/report revenue, royalty calculations, and profitability
- Create and deliver invoices to customers including dunning & preparation of AR aging reports
- Establish proper controls across business systems to ensure data integrity and high confidence in billing operations
- Support in annual financial statement audit
- Ad hoc projects as needed
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in finance/operations; experience with revenue operations/excel modeling
- Able to effectively communicate and scope business requirements across various
- Experience with Netsuite (or comparable ERP) and Salesforce
- Exceptional Excel skills
- Continually looking for areas to improve, even with minimal guidance
- Quantitative thinker; comfortable dealing with large and/or incomplete datasets
- Willingness to do the grunt work to keep projects on track
Platform Science Benefits Highlights:
The company offers various benefits to regular, full-time employees including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurances
- AD&D and life insurance
- 401k plan
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Six weeks of paid parental leave
For more information please see the Benefits Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees.
In addition, you can access the Benefit Highlights brochure for regular, full-time employees by copying and pasting the link into your browser: https://www.platformscience.com/benefits
This is an exempt role. Our job titles for each posting may span across more than one job level. The estimated base salary for this role is between $91,167 and $133,927. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target range for new hire base salaries across all US locations. Compensation packages are based on many factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, work experience, relevant trainings and certifications, business needs, market demands and specific geographical location. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, and benefits.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits.
At this time we only consider candidates in these states: AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IL, KY, MA, MD, MI, MN, MO, NC, NH, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. In the future we plan to add more states.