Director – Global Support and Service
Posted on 4/29/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- 8 to 10 years of experience with capital equipment support and service organization (experience in both startups and established companies a plus)
- ISO 9001 experience a plus
- People management experience, including building and developing teams, performance management, compensation planning, etc
- Excellent communication skills- able to effectively and tirelessly communicate critical issues to the key stakeholders and weed through the chaos to develop appropriate solutions
- Love of learning and a continuous improvement mindset- proven track record of developing and refining processes to meet the team goals
- Business systems experience- developing, implementing, and improving service ticket systems, field service scheduling, and work order modules
- Global experience strongly preferred, managing teams outside the United States
- Dedication to Carbon's values (noted above) and commitment to a work environment that fosters DEIB initiatives
- “Can do” positive attitude coupled with a sense of executional urgency
- Ability to work in the US without sponsorship
- Face of Carbon in front of the customer for technical support and service issues: visits customers (anticipate 10% to 20% travel)-- one or two week-long trips/quarter, manage customer escalations
- Communicate regularly with Customers, Engineering, and Operations to ensure critical issues are understood and plan to address are agreed on
- Develop models and strategies for Carbon's business, by refining and anticipating customer needs to develop and roll out additional offerings in our service portfolio
- Develop techniques and best practices to cover our geographically distributed fleet of printers in as efficient and cost-effective a manner as possible
- Develop reporting capabilities with our IT teams to track and publish critical metrics
- Create resource planning models that anticipate Carbon growth and put the appropriate staffing plans in place to meet the business needs
- Inventory management: regularly monitor the inventory levels of service trunk stock, including supporting Carbon's Inventory Control team with stock counts, end-of-period transactions, etc
- Support strategies on global spare parts stocking
- Investigate and implement tools for predictive service and support utilizing Carbon's IoT framework
- Uphold all Carbon values- ambitious, collaborative, innovative, accountable, integrity
3D printing technology
Carbon is on a mission to enable creators everywhere to make what the world needs right now. Carbon develops 3D printing technology for enterprises.
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Gym Membership / Reimbursement
- PTO / Vacation Policy
- Paid Holidays
- Maternity / Paternity Leave
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- WE ARE AMBITIOUS - Be bold. Take risks.
- WE ARE INNOVATIVE - Innovate from diverse perspectives.
- WE HAVE INTEGRITY - Do what’s right.
- WE ARE COLLABORATIVE - Building together makes us better.
- WE ARE ACCOUNTABLE - Take ownership. Make it happen.