Iterable is the customer activation platform that helps brands deliver joyful experiences with harmonized, individualized, and dynamic communications at scale—Iterable is built for marketers, trusted by engineers, and designed with intelligence. We know this space well: our product team built the growth systems that powered Twitter’s early success. We’ve surpassed $100M in ARR and have raised more than $340M from top-tier investors like Index Ventures, Viking, and CRV, and hundreds of companies like Zillow, SeatGeek, and Box rely on us to captivate their many millions of users.
Developed for the enterprise, Iterable is built from modern technologies that transform cloud, partner and tool-specific data into integrated, personalized engagements. No matter the audience size or degree of campaign sophistication, Iterable empowers brands to implement where it matters most—creating experiences and promoting connections with over 2 billion people world-wide. Leading brands, like Zillow, DoorDash, Calm, Madison Reed, and Box, choose Iterable to power excellent customer experiences throughout the entire lifecycle.
Iterable’s momentum grows daily and there has never been a more exciting time to join the team! We’ve been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work - SF for the past four years, one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado for the past two years, and were named as one of Colorado’s Best Paying Companies! We’ve also been listed on Wealthfront’s Career Launching Companies List for the past two years, rank sixth on the list of Top 25 Companies Where Women Want to Work and hold a top 20 spot among the SaaS 100.
We have a global presence with offices in San Francisco, New York, Denver, and London, and remote employees located all over the world. As we scale, we continue to live by our core four, founding values - Trust, Growth Mindset, Balance, and Humility. To understand the Iterable story, and learn more about our mission, explore our Culture and About Us page.
How you will make an impact:
As the Tax Manager, you will have the opportunity to build out tax processes for a high growth organization and provide strategic direction on all taxes by ensuring compliance with all federal, state, local and international tax regulations.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting, you will help build out a formal tax compliance program to manage various jurisdictions and proactively monitor tax legislation and tax obligations. The right candidate will be comfortable working as an individual contributor, including preparing and filing tax documents and returns, preparing tax disclosures, and managing tax audits.
One of our core values is a growth mindset and Iterable is a company where everyone can grow. If this is a role that excites you, please do apply as we value applicants for the skills they bring beyond a job description.
How you will make a difference:
- Facilitate and manage the preparation and review of federal, state, and local tax return filings.
- Oversight of state nexus requirements and ensure the company complies with these requirements.
- Prepare or detailed review of annual and quarterly tax provision and memo.
- Prepare or manage business, property, and sales and use tax filings.
- Interface with external consultants and auditors on all tax matters.
- Prepare financial statement disclosures in accordance with ASC 740.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments and determine the potential impact to the company.
- Manage transfer pricing studies.
- Maintain and develop international tax structure, as necessary.
- Prepare documentation of tax accounting policies, procedures, and close process.
We are looking for people who:
- Extensive knowledge of US GAAP tax accounting (ASC 740)
- Familiarity with U.S. federal, state, and local reporting requirements.
- Experience in preparing and reviewing US tax provisions and returns.
- Strong knowledge of tax code, compliance, and procedures for corporations.
- Strong familiarity with international tax concepts, including transfer pricing and international expansion.
- Proficiency in Avalara to manage sales and use tax compliance and reporting.
- Ability to explain complex tax issues in a simple, clear, and concise manner.
- Strong experience with a variety of tax operations and ability to drive process improvements.
- Ability to work well independently as well as the ability to work well with stakeholders and communicate the benefits of tax initiatives.
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Public accounting experience as a tax manager.
- A CPA license and/or degree in an accounting discipline.
Perks & Benefits:
- Paid parental leave
- Competitive salaries, meaningful equity, & 401(k) plan
- Medical, dental, vision, & life insurance
- Balance Day (First Friday off every month)
- Fertility & Adoption Assistance
- Paid Sabbatical
- Flexible PTO
- Monthly Employee Wellness allowance
- Monthly Professional Development allowance
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Complete laptop workstation
We’re rethinking traditional workplace planning and looking to strengthen belonging, innovation, productivity, and happiness whether it’s in an office, from home, or a hybrid of the two. As such, we’ve moved to a single geographical compensation band for all of our employees (the San Francisco Bay Area market for the US, London for the UK).
The annual base salary range for this position is $103,950 - $162,750. This range reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined based on factors including job-related skills, experience, relevant education or training, and internal equity considerations. While we use our full salary ranges, we only consider offering a salary near the top of the range in situations where the candidate far exceeds the experience level and skills required for the role.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only. The total compensation package includes variable pay (where applicable), equity, plus a range of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and financial. In addition we offer perks such as generous stipends for health & fitness and learning & development, among others.
Iterable is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. Iterable does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender-identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws or prohibited by Company policy. Iterable also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and other similar state laws and local ordinances, and its internal policy, Iterable will also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.