Senior Product Design Manager
Posted on 3/25/2023
Remote • United States
- 8+ years of experience in digital product design and/or service design
- 3+ years of people management experience, guiding the work of UI/UX and product designers
- Ads domain knowledge and related experience required
- You can easily navigate between your manager responsibilities to jump into the work to move it along and execute when necessary
- You have a strong track record of successful execution and demonstrably making products better, not just quantitatively, but also qualitatively
- You have experience with building, hiring, mentoring and scaling high performing teams
- You regularly teach product designers to be focused on impact to users and to the business
- You provide consistent and thoughtful feedback to help shape and uplevel the quality of the product thinking
- You have experience managing performance review cycles and supporting regular career development conversations
- You have a strong understanding of product-building areas including engineering, design, analytics, and user research/insights
- You have the ability to thrive and effectively communicate in a complex, fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- You know how to handle difficult conversations and situations to desirable outcomes for all parties involved
- You love developing cohesive and scalable Design strategies that can play out across numerous channels and mediums
- You display a human-centered approach to design that's inquisitive, strategic and empathetic
- You are a systems thinker, looking across the four-sided marketplace ecosystem to identify opportunities for tighter collaboration and connection across teams
- You lead with passion and vision, and you can energize others to deliver excellent results while keeping them happy and engaged
- You are a reliable self-starter who can provide direction to teams and designers at a 40,000 ft. level and at a pixel-level (whichever is most needed in the moment)
- You look to do the important, non-project-related work in support of scaling our org, creating a better culture, and living our core values
- You can push the team to explore new thinking and expand new interpretations of the Design brand to meet ever-changing company demands
- You are friendly, supportive, and collaborative
Grocery delivery app
Instacart's mission is to create a world where everyone has access to the food they love and more time to enjoy it together. The company operates a mobile app for the delivery and pick-up of groceries and household items.
- Go far together
- Grow the pie
- Roll up your sleeves
- Put it all on the table
- Serve generously
Company Core Values
- Wellness Tailored to You - Medical, dental, vision, retirement, life & disability coverage right alongside physical & mental wellness programs, memberships and stipends to keep you and your family feeling your best.
- Family Building Benefits - No matter where you are in your family journey, we support you. Our plans cover modern family planning for all. We offer leave for all parents, flexible working schedules and an active Parents@ community.
- Work From Home Stipend - We help outfit your WFH setup and offer reimbursements so you can be your most productive while at home.
- Flexible Time Off - We all recharge differently. Take the time you need with our flexible time off policy.
- Learning & Development - Whether you’re just starting your career or leading teams, we provide customized L&D programs to help you grow and an annual allowance to pursue your development.
- Future Planning - We have you covered as you plan for your future. 401(k) matching in the U.S. and RRSP in Canada, student loan assistance through Peanut Butter, free Rocket Lawyer membership, SoFi & First Republic financial planning and more.
- Community Connection - Support the communities you care about with volunteer weeks and get involved with our social impact program, Instacart Serves.
- Instacart Express Membership - We help keep your fridge stocked. Unlock grocery discounts with our Instacart Beta app while testing our latest features.