Senior Accounting Manager-Bilingual
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Attleboro, MA, USA
- A university degree required (i.e. Bachelors degree) or equivalent relevant work experience
- Ability to lead, coach, and develop team members
- Holds self and others accountable to achieving goals and standards
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment to handle multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong communication skills; oral, written and presentation
- Strong organization, planning and time management skills to achieve results
- Strong personal and professional ethical values and integrity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Strong interpersonal & collaboration skills to work effectively with all levels of the organization including suppliers and/or external customers
- Chartered Accountant (CA), US Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Mexican CPC credentials
- Excellent Spanish as well as strong oral, written and presentation skills required
- Experience in a complex international setting with Maquiladora organizational structures in Mexico
- Experience leading a team and should not move around from company to company too frequently
- Experience supporting technical accounting and tax expertise in an international environment
- Previous M&A experience preferred
- Meets accounting operational standards by contributing financial information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements
- Establish and enforce proper accounting methods, policies and principles
- Monitor and analyze financial statements to ensure accuracy and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices
- Meets accounting financial standards by providing accounting department annual budget information; monitoring expenditures; identifying variances; implementing corrective actions
- Maintains cash flow by monitoring bank balances and cash requirements; investing excess funds
- Approves cash disbursements by verifying check amounts against invoices, authorizing checks and wire transfers
- Approves ledger entries by auditing transactions
- Maintains financial security by adhering to internal controls
- Recruits, trains, schedules, coaches, and manages team to ensure priorities and deliverables are met
- Collaborate with the tax and trade compliance team to ensure statutory adjustments are properly reflected in the ERP, working closely with the external auditors to deliver the least costly and most effective audit for the local operations
- Develop the plan to execute physical inventory controls (cycle count or periodic counts) for each site in cooperation with the operations team
- Coordinate with Americas Shared Service Center to ensure proper controls over transactional processes (accounts receivable and accounts payable) for the region, and execute continuous process improvements to reduce close cycle time, increase standardization / centralization, and reduce risk in the overall control environment
Electrical protection controls & sensors supplier
Sensata’s mission is to strive to create a cleaner, more efficient, and electrified connected world with their wide array of sensors and electronic control systems. The company is a world leader in mission-critical sensing and electrical protection solutions which help their customers address increasingly complex engineering and operating requirements.
Company Core Values
- Integrity - We are open and honest with all our stakeholders. We do what’s right and deliver what we promise.
- Excellence - We strive for continuous improvement in all we do. We find new, innovative ways to problem solve, grow our company and ourselves.
- OneSensata - We trust, respect and rely on each other. We recognize that a shared vision, diversity of thought and a global team is central to our enduring success.
- Passion - We have a dedicated and committed team working to solve some of the world’s most challenging problems. We are passionate about serving our customers and building our future.
- Flexibility - We operate in a dynamic, fast paced environment and act with agility to best serve our stakeholders.