1L Legal Summer Internship
Posted on 12/22/2022
New York, NY, USA
- Clear communication - The ability to articulate thoughts and express ideas effectively using oral, written, visual and non-verbal communication skills, as well as listening skills to gain understanding
- Ethical practice - The ability to integrate core values, integrity and accountability throughout all organizational and business practices
- Detail-oriented - Exercising extreme attention to detail; you're thorough, accurate, organized, and productive and seek to understand both the cause and effect of a situation
- Manage complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Risk assessment - Apply a logical step-by-step process to protect, and consequently minimize risks to, the organization, interests and employees
- Camaraderie - Day to day you can be seen working together toward a higher purpose. You like to have fun. You're an active listener, treat people respectfully, and have a strong desire to know and help others
- Openness - Your default is to be open. You're willing to share information, understand other perspectives, and consider new possibilities. You're curious, ask open questions, and are receptive to thoughts and feedback from others
- Grit - You demonstrate grit by having the courage to commit and persevere. You're committed, earnest, and dive in to get the job done well with a positive attitude
- Integrity - Simply put, do what you say and say what you'll do. You're honest and forthright, have a strong moral compass, and strive to match your words with your actions while leading by example
- Simplicity - Be like Einstein: “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler.”
- Good standing as a first-year law student at an ABA accredited U.S. law school
- Demonstrated academic excellence and leadership ability
- Interest in tech sector and/or have some interest or experience in the PEO, payroll, benefits, employment, tax, and/or privacy areas
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Attention to detail and willingness to get in the weeds of support to resolve issues
- Enjoys entrepreneurial environments and wants to help build something meaningful
- Partner with the Legal team and interact with internal stakeholders on multiple projects
- Perform and summarize occasional legal research
- Assist the Legal team with drafting, negotiation or inquiries from internal and external parties
- Learn about corporate compliance best practices
- Learn first-hand about Justworks' business operations
- Other duties as assigned
Payroll and benefits facilities platform
Justworks’ mission is to help entrepreneurs and businesses grow with confidence. The company is building software for payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance.
- Health - Believe in our vision. Medical and dental, too. Get support for your mental and financial health. Beta test new benefits and perks for our platform.
- Workplace - Volunteer and get paid to give back. Take paid parental leave. Enjoy monthly team events that help turn coworkers into lifelong friends.
- Wellness - Enjoy subsidized ClassPass memberships. Take advantage of regular yoga, meditation, and other wellness programming.
- Perks - Be an owner, not an employee. Get time off whenever you need it. Take a sabbatical. Invest in your future financially and with professional learning and development opportunities.
Company Core Values
- Camaraderie - As a growing company ourselves, we know how crucial teamwork, higher purpose, and a healthy dose of fun can be to success. We’re here to help businesses bring great people together to accomplish important things, while enjoying themselves at the same time.
- Openness - We believe in radical transparency. This means we will never charge hidden fees, we will always be upfront with what we can and cannot do, and if we're not a good fit for you, we'll help you understand who might be.
- Grit - They say when the going gets tough, the tough get going. We are a team of hardworking individuals who are building the best product there is to help your business succeed. We are here to do the hard work.
- Integrity - Without trust, there is no partnership. And without integrity, there is no trust. We will always be open with you about changes and charges. You can always reach out to us with questions, concerns or if you just want to chat about your business needs.
- Simplicity - Payroll, benefits, HR, and compliance aren't traditionally known for their simplicity. But we've made it our mission to streamline and simplify these normally complicated parts of doing business. This means an easy-to-use product for both you and your employees.