6 month growth↑ 2%
1 year growth↑ 10%
2 year growth↑ 10%
- Interest in civil engineering, materials science, architecture, and/or architectural engineering
- Maintain high grades in studies
- Strong verbal and written communication abilities
- Assist with preparation of design deliverables, including construction drawings and specifications
- Perform construction monitoring and site inspections of building enclosure components
- Collaborate with SGH engineers to perform reconnaissance on existing buildings
- Organize field data and assist with research to facilitate analysis, problem solving, and repair design
- Develop written reports to summarize design recommendations, construction progress, or repair procedures
- Work may include travel and working from heights
- Enthusiastic about the built world, engineering, and problem solving
Do you want to help engineer what’s next?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is a national engineering firm committed to delivering holistic advice for our clients’ most complex challenges. We leverage our collective and diverse experience, technical expertise, and industry knowledge of structures and building enclosures, advanced analysis, code consulting, and applied science & research to deliver unrivaled, comprehensive solutions that drive superior performance. With more than 700 employees in eight office locations throughout the United States, SGH’s industry-leading teams constantly seek to advance the meaning of what’s possible.
We want someone passionate about engineering who wants to gain invaluable experience.
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger (SGH) is seeking current students for a Fall 2024 Internship and/or Co-op in our Oakland, CA office.
As an Intern or Co-op, you will work side-by-side with industry-leading experts in the office and in the field to gain hands-on experience while applying classroom knowledge to real-world challenges.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Assist with preparation of design deliverables, including construction drawings and specifications.
- Perform construction monitoring and site inspections of building enclosure components (below-grade waterproofing, cladding, windows, roofs etc.).
- Collaborate with SGH engineers to perform reconnaissance on existing buildings, such as documenting existing conditions, collecting data and samples, or performing diagnostic testing.
- Organize field data and assist with research to facilitate analysis, problem solving, and repair design.
- Develop written reports to summarize design recommendations, construction progress, or repair procedures.
- Work may include travel and working from heights.
What You’ll Need:
- Students should have an interest in civil engineering, materials science, architecture, and/or architectural engineering.
- Maintain high grades in their studies, interested in learning through hands-on work experience in a consulting environment.
- Enthusiastic about the built world, engineering, and problem solving.
- Successful candidates must have strong verbal and written communication abilities.
What makes careers at SGH so special?
The only way to advance is to question and explore. Every member of the SGH team is both a learner and an educator, committed to advancing ourselves, our teams, and our industry. Together we are creating a community that never settles for what is, but always seeks what could be.
There are many reasons to love SGH.
- Our Work: Our clients trust us to bring clarity and deliver outstanding solutions for their most complex projects.
- Our People: We are bold thinkers and compassionate teammates, committed to lifelong learning and professional growth.
- Our Commitment: We live with integrity and embrace an obligation to give back to our professions and communities.
- Our Contribution: We offer a comprehensive and rich compensation and benefits package with company-paid and voluntary programs to help build healthy lifestyles, strong relationships, and future prosperity.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email [email protected].