Posted on 1/27/2023
Brownsville, TX, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 1+ years of experience with electrical systems
- Experience working at a rocket launch facility and supporting launch campaigns
- Experience with SpaceX electrical systems
- Master electrician license
- Ability to identify and implement efficient paths of action to finish the assigned work
- Ability to test, calibrate, diagnose, and repair various devices
- Ability to use a variety of electrician's hand tools as well as measuring and testing instruments
- Demonstrable knowledge and/or understanding of codes, rules, regulations and standards of electrical equipment
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals and reports
- Ability to use precision measuring instruments
- Schedule varies depending on site operational needs and flexibility required regarding frequent overtime
- Ability to perform job duties that require standing, kneeling, crouching, twisting upper body, working in cramped positions in small opening and climbing hand over hand, lifting up to 25 lbs., and working on ladders/lifts at elevated heights
- Ability to work in an environment requiring exposure to fumes, odors, and noise
- Ability to rapidly change roles/responsibilities while working in a high-paced, challenging work environment
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Repair and replace defective parts in electrical fixtures
- Install, maintain, and repair electrical and electronic components of machinery and equipment, including hydraulic and pneumatic devices
- Perform preventative repair and maintenance of field, plant, and shop electronic and electrical systems, devices, equipment and components
- Install enhancements and major upgrades to plant electrical subsystems
- Perform work from instructions using blueprints, wiring diagrams, and schematics
- Test electrical circuits to ensure their operability
- Install electrical components to architectural and code specifications
- Test wiring connections with test equipment like volt/ohmmeters, and oscilloscopes
- Perform other related duties, as assigned, for the purpose of ensuring an efficient and effective work environment
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.