Systems Analysis Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Plymouth, MI, USA
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience required
- Engineering Degree, preferably in Mechanical Engineering required
- Expertise in the following areas: System modelling of driveline or transmission systems in respect to bearings, shafts and gears in respect to life and noise. Knowledge of system analysis tools such as Romax, MASTA, SABR/Gear or similar
- Working knowledge of how to use duty cycle and durability life curves (SN) of components to determine life
- An understanding of gears and gear analysis including gear macro and microgeometry
- An understanding of gears manufacturing and the impact on gear design
- An understanding of bearings, bearing types, and basic parameters of bearing geometry
- The ability to work independently, and to coach and mentor others
- Basic CAD knowledge, including ability to review designs within CATIA
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management
- An understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing
- An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability
- Design of gearbox and driveline systems with the focus on the bearing, gear and structural system analysis
- Perform research, design and development of driveline systems from concept to production
- Analysis of gearsets and bearings for life and stress to a duty cycle and load conditions as well as assess gear design for manufacturability
- Work with engineers and designers to evaluate and optimize structural and NVH parameters of the system
- Support and liaison with suppliers and manufacturing for component specifications and definition
- Create component and system level accelerated tests based on vehicle data and vehicle duty cycles
- Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause analysis of development issues
- Provide professional reports and documentation of the
- Coordinate and participate in design reviews
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team