Introduction to Shield AI
Shield AI’s mission is to protect service members and civilians with intelligent systems. Shield AI is a fast growing, venture-backed defense-technology company built around a team of proven executives, distinguished warfighters, and world-class AI engineers. Since 2018, Shield AI’s products and people have supported operations around the world with the US Department of Defense and our allies.
Are you a passionate and innovative software engineer interested in being the gatekeeper of all new capabilities being integrated onto state of the art AI products? Do you want to work on a product that will make a positive impact? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Shield AI is just the place for you!
As a Robotic Test Analysis Engineer, you will be working across the engineering organization to design and facilitate the integration and testing of a broad spectrum of algorithms across a range of platforms.
Join us to push the state of the art in autonomous robotics for protecting lives.
What you’ll do:
- Test software for autonomous systems – define nominal operational performance and metrics, analyze algorithms and find operational limits, design mission and operational scenarios to test platform performance
- Work with functional teams to ensure interfaces are implemented and meeting specifications
- Contribute to the documentation of the systems
- Create integration tests within our testing frameworks
- Integrate autonomy software on hardware and simulated platforms. Use simulation and hardware-in-the-loop setups to determine system performance
- Identify data anomalies and design analyzers to automate the detection of these anomalies for regression identification
- Review data from robot flights, identify performance weaknesses, and work with developers to design algorithm changes to improve performance
Projects that you might work on:
- Anomaly discovery and automated reporting: Create automated tools to find anomalies in data, from test logs to signals. Identify instances of known patterns. Summarize robot performance / data quality using statistical measures and report with visual plots. Write toolboxes in python; write data queries in SQL; work with other teams to extend existing web-based infrastructure for reporting
- Automate software-history bisection with hardware in the loop: Design an analyzer with binary output to determine performance criterion pass/fail. Run as part of a bisection-search over a history of software commits, automatically executing software in simulation and/or on hardware components to determine the introduction of specific behavior
- Investigate approaches for evaluating large amounts of data from simulation, evaluating code performance andregression checking, as well as enabling evaluation of simulation-to-real-world performance
- Create an integration test plan for the addition of new sensors to a platform
- Facilitate the use of our software stack on a new prototype platform
- Leverage your knowledge of our software and platforms to work on an R&D effort proving out future capabilities
- Experience or desire to work in test design, requirement verification and validation
- Software experience with Python and/or C++
- Typically requires a minimum of 10 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience in robotics or related field (machine learning, data analysis)
- You have a demonstrated record of working hard, being a trustworthy teammate, holding yourself and others to high standards, and being kind to others
Salary Range: Base + Bonus + Benefits + Equity (if applicable)
Actual compensation is influenced by a wide array of factors including but not limited to skill set, level of experience, licenses and certifications, and specific work location. Information on the benefits offered is here. All offers are contingent on a cleared background check.
Onsite = 5 days/week
Hybrid = Several days in the office
Remote = Remote but able to come to the office as requested for business needs
If you’re interested in being part of our team, apply now!
Shield AI is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To conform to U.S. Government regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.