AT A GLANCE
RVO Health is building a suite of integrated products that enable data-driven, digital experiences for our brands and partners. You will work with next-generation technologies that change how millions of users connect, explore, and interact with these brands. Our engineers work on a variety of things like information collection and retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, data storage, and machine learning.
This position will be heavily focused on WordPress back end engineering for the near future. While we are not committed to always using WordPress, it is currently the primary tool for our editorial team and we have a highly customized, multisite, headless setup.
What You’ll Do
- Contribute to software development projects for the CMS behind Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Healthgrades, Optum Perks and more.
- Work with engineering manager and team to estimate work assignments
- Help evaluate the technical feasibility of work assignments and UX designs, identify risks and develop recommendations for issues
- Develop systems using technologies that may include WordPress, php, golang, Node.js, AWS services and more
- Use the Scrum framework to collaborate with your team and stakeholders
- Participate in code reviews with team members
- Contribute well-written code and technical documentation
- Work with a team to optimize the performance, scalability, security, and SEO of our applications
- Collaborate with other engineers across teams to align on standards and engineering initiatives
What We’re Looking For
- 2+ years building and supporting web applications
- Experience with WordPress plugin development and php
- Comfortable understanding of SQL data structures
- Basic understanding of developing for and deploying to a cloud platform like AWS
- Basic understanding of automated testing, both unit and integration
- Familiarity with asynchronous request handling like Promises or async/await
- Familiarity with using, building, and maintaining secure and scalable web services
- Desire to learn new technologies and languages
Pursuant to various state Fair Pay Acts, below is a summary of compensation elements for this role at the company. The following benefits are provided by RVO Health, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Starting Salary: $100,000 - $135,000
*Note actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications and experience
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2022, RVO Health is a new healthcare platform of digital media brands, services and technologies focused on building relationships with people throughout their health & wellness journey. We meet people where they are in their personal health journeys and connect them with both the information and the care they need. RVO Health was created by joining teams from both Red Ventures and UnitedHealth Group’s Optum Health. Together we’re focused on delivering on our vision of a stronger and healthier world.
RVO Health is comprised of Healthline Media (Healthline, Medical News Today, Psych Central, Greatist and Bezzy), Healthgrades, FindCare and PlateJoy; Optum Perks, Optum Store and the virtual coaching platforms Real Appeal, Wellness Coaching, and QuitForLife.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
RVO Health is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at RVO Health is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact [email protected].