NDE Level II Inspector
Digital Radiography Inspection, Dr
Posted on 4/5/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of experience as a level II non-destructive evaluation/testing inspector
- NDE level II certification in line with ASNT TC-1A/NAS-410 guidance in radiography (RT) and digital radiography (DR)
- 3+ months of experience performing digital radiography and have held computed or direct digital certification. Also, has/has had radiation safety training/certification with IRRSP X-ray card
- Experience performing NDE testing within the aerospace industry
- NDE level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A guidance in dye penetrant (PT) and visual inspection (VT)
- Basic computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc
- Knowledge of carestream, virtual media integration (VMI), or YXLON imaging kits
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM, etc
- Basic understanding of lean principles: 5S, kaizen, continuous improvement initiatives
- Ability to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, and walk
- Willingness to work overtime and weekends when needed to meet critical deadlines
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections with advanced radiographic techniques: traditional analogue, computed and direct digital
- Perform near surface NDE inspections with dye penetrant and visual inspection methods
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and report findings to production and engineering
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Optimize and manipulate digital images for maximum clarity and accuracy
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- Support research and development of system qualification and certification for critical processes
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.