ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton’s Core Infrastructure team is looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to lead multiple teams of Site Reliability Engineers. At Peloton, Platform is a Product and the Core Infrastructure group is a key part of that product strategy + roadmap. Our platform strives to enable speed of development and learning. It enables us to scale easily, empowering our engineers to enhance attention to new features and capabilities. Platform at Peloton is a force-multiplier that enables engineers to move faster and scale safely with minimal effort. We are data-driven and we are member focused. We work across an incredible range of technology domains: hardware, firmware, web, mobile, backend, data, messaging, content, streaming, and machine learning.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Evangelize best practices for building and operating highly scalable and reliable systems
- Serve as subject matter expert in kubernetes and at least one of the following disciplines: observability and monitoring and/or infrastructure as code
- Automate everything, from infrastructure down to day-to-day tasks
- Seek out potential threats to security and reliability and advocate for modern solutions
- Work with Terraform, Amazon Web Services, Golang, Python, Github Actions
- Be a part of a positive and inclusive culture that is hyper-focused on solving developer challenges
- Actively engage in technical discussions, code reviews, and design docs to help promote a culture of learning and constant improvement
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- 7+ years of experience with maintaining Kubernetes clusters, Linux system administration
- 3+ years of experience managing multiple, distributed teams.
- Experience building and operating highly scalable and reliable systems
- Deep experience building products and tools with programming languages like Python, Golang, etc.
- Prior experience deploying infrastructure using Infrastructure as Code utilities such as Terraform, Cloudformation/CDK, or Pulumi
- Know when to triage and when to dive down into a root-cause analysis
- Passion for reliable, scalable, observable software with a strong sense of ownership
- Collaborate well with engineering managers, product managers, designers, and other software developers and systems engineers
- Previous experience working in a multi-region cloud environment
- Contributions to open source projects within the ecosystem
Base Salary: $213,300.00 to $277,000.00
The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position based at our New York City headquarters. The actual base salary offered for this position will depend on numerous factors including individual performance, business objectives, and if the location for the job changes. Our base salary is just one component of Peloton’s competitive total rewards strategy that also includes annual equity awards and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan as well as other region-specific health and welfare benefits.
As an organization, one of our top priorities is to maintain the health and wellbeing for our employees and their family. To achieve this goal, we offer robust and comprehensive benefits including:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Generous paid time off policy
- Short-term and long-term disability
- Access to mental health services
- 401k, tuition reimbursement and student loan paydown plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Fertility and adoption support and up to 18 weeks of paid parental leave
- Child care and family care discounts
- Free access to Peloton Digital App and apparel and product discounts
- Commuter benefits and Citi Bike Discount
- Pet insurance and so much more!
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of nearly 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.