Posted on 7/22/2021
Adobe Creative Suite
- BA in design or design-related field with 3+ years experience
- Experience in branding and marketing
- Ability to create motion graphics a plus
- Experience with production and working with vendors
- Ability to own self-directed project management, providing effective time estimates and updates in progress, guided by stakeholder priorities and deadlines
- Outstanding typographic skills
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office/Google Docs
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Driven, curious self-starter
- Strong portfolio illustrating your design process and examples
- Develop materials that express the Uptake brand, follow and elevate brand guidelines
- Work alongside a team of designers, copywriters and marketers and contributing to a high-performing and engaged team
- Collaborate on internal and external marketing such as digital, social and advertising campaigns, sales collateral, interactive presentations, landing pages and infographic design
- Work closely with stakeholders from concept to final product
- Design materials for both print and digital distribution
Uptake’s mission is to help people and machines work better, smarter and safer. Its products deliver high-impact results for customers in the form of increased uptime of wind turbines, enhanced safety and reliability of public transit fleets, and reduced carbon emissions of locomotives, to name a few.
- Time Away - Need a mental break? Go ahead, take it! Here at Uptake we practice mindfulness. We expect you to know when and how you operate at your best. We also trust you to know what time off you need, and to not leave your team members hanging in the process.
- Continuous Learning - We’re on a constant quest to learn. Join us! Enroll in internal classes or external events of your choice. Our professional and personal development program is always growing. From data science 101 to hackathons. From public speaking to conscious leadership.
- Holistic Health - Being healthy means something different for everyone. We advocate well-being inside and out. We offer gym and studio discounts as well as on-site finance, massage, and meditation classes.
- Progressive Benefits - We’re proud to offer medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance - in addition to health savings accounts, flexible spending accounts and commuter spending accounts. And Uptake doesn’t just offer a 401(k) - we offer a match as well.
- Family Oriented - We’re all about family. We provide parental leave for primary and secondary caregivers – birth or adoption. Our medical plan even offers a Special Beginnings program to get expectant parents and their children off to a healthy start with ongoing education, guidance and support.
- Uptake University - We launched our own in-house education program to promote ongoing learning and development. All of our employees have access to Uptake U. Choose from a diverse array of course topics and material, enroll for intriguing classes that compel you, and track your progress throughout.
- [email protected] - Our culture is diverse and inclusive. All Uptakers can be their unique selves at work. Our employee-led communities bring together people who are passionate about a common cause, including Engineering Alliance, Latinx, Open Source Software, Parents, Pride, Science, and Women. All actively give back to the Chicago community
- Social Responsibility - We invest our time, talent and energy into our philanthropic and civic innovation arm. We create real solutions that help nonprofits and civic organizations solve problems in the social sector. Join us by participating in projects, mentoring data fellows and engaging in meaningful volunteerism.
Company Core Values
- Clarity - We’re open, clear, direct, and empathetic in our communications. We strive to take the most complex issues and simplify.
- Curiosity - We respect other viewpoints different from our own, seek to learn more, and see the situation from all angles. We know no bounds. We question, hunt, study, examine, observe, and search.
- Grit - We persevere in the pursuit of meaningful goals and have the ability to bounce back from setbacks. We embrace problems, and we invite change. We roll up our sleeves and dive in with unbridled commitment.