Our mission is to harmonize people and technology to create a better, more unified world. Our vision is to amplify the best parts of you and to advance the human spirit. To achieve these goals, we are committed to building and empowering a diverse team of people and fostering an inclusive culture through our values of unity, innovation, and user centricity.
Magic Leap is looking for Ph.D. , Masters, or Bachelors students to join our team for a 3 month Summer Program for students who are underrepresented in the field of Engineering/Computing. This includes, but is not limited to, those who self-identify as women, African American/Black, Hispanic/Latinx, Native American, Alaskan Native, Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander, Indigenous Peoples, LGBTQI+, active or Veteran service members, and/or persons with a disability. We are committed to empowering and elevating representation, inclusion, and belonging in our workforce and in our pipeline of future researchers and engineers!
The Systems Test and Integration team is seeking an Intern with a Software background. This individual will work hands-on with our prototype devices to run tests, collect data and generate engineering reports. We are a multidisciplinary team, so this candidate should feel comfortable working alongside electrical, robotics, computer vision, and mechanical engineers.
This internship will begin in June 2023 and requires physical presence at Magic Leap’s headquarters in Plantation, Florida.
- Run custom or predefined automated robotic tests
- Develop user-in-the-loop applications that test various components of our HW/SW stacks
- Collect data for algorithm verification
- Generate engineering reports
- Collaborate with the team to develop new tests, new testing systems and new testing protocols
- Become an expert in using and maintaining our prototype devices
- Good programming skills in C++ or C#
- Good programming skills in Python
- Knowledgeable in developing applications with the Unity and Unreal game engines
- Comfortable with Linux, Windows and Mac OS
- Knowledge of game engine development and willingness to learn low level graphics development
- Tech savvy
- Skilled at troubleshooting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive and confidential information
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge of one or more of the following topics: virtual reality, augmented reality, mixed reality, computer/video games, visual effects, camera technology, robotics, test driven development
- Knowledge of command-line tools
- Knowledgeable in version control and build management tools
- Knowledgeable in OpenGL and/or other low level graphics language
- BS in Computer Science, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent education or professional experience
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines