Site Reliability Engineer (Remote - East/Central Time)
Posted on 2/2/2022
Raleigh, NC, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of experience or Masters degree specializing in storage, networking or virtualization
- Experience with Python, bash or Powershell
- Deep understanding of Linux platform and ability to identify and resolve issues with the Linux kernel associated with storage, networking, compute and memory
- Ability to analyze system diagnostics and clearly articulate issues
- Good understanding of Linux debugging utilities, with an emphasis on systemtap, tcpdump ftrace, strace, wireshark, gdb, and crash
- Good understand of remote file access protocols, including NFS, SMB (CIFS)
- Good understand of storage-related concepts, including virtualization and data protection (e.g. VMware, CommVault, Symantec, EMC, NetApp)
- Experience working with a distributed file system
- Performance analysis experience
- CentOS Linux Platform Architecture experience
- Experience debugging complex, serialized, multi-threaded code
- Responsible for deployment, maintenance and operations on Cohesity clusters deployed worldwide
- Develop scripts and framework for automating repetitive tasks
- Debug issues with backups on Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware vSphere and Linux KVM hypervisors
- Provide support on clusters deployed in cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- Write scripts using bash or python for log capture and analysis on large clusters
- Proactively monitor and manage the availability of clusters and associated applications
- Perform performance analysis, tuning and provide recommendations on issues and suggest cluster expansion if required
- Define and drive changes to Cohesity Data platform to product engineering teams based on feedback from deployments
- Provide support for issues pertaining to Powershell cmdlets and RESTful APIs and provide scripts for automating tasks on Cohesity Data Platform
- Work on debugging and resolving technical issues with the CentOS Platform
Information technology company
Cohesity is on a mission is to radically simplify how organizations manage their data and unlock limitless value. The company develops software that allows IT professionals to backup, manage and gain insights from their data, across multiple systems or cloud providers.
- Health & Wellness - Managing emotional and physical health are key to living happier lives. Cohesity employees enjoy access to exercise and meditation apps, e-Learning resources, Scribd, and more.
- Parental Leave - Cohesity offers salary continuation in coordination with other benefits up to 20 weeks for maternity leaves. Up to four weeks of child bonding leave is offered to non-birth parents.
- Personal Time - Our unlimited PTO policy ensures that you have work-life wellbeing and flexibility when you need it.
- Financial - Cohesity offers a competitive salary, pay-for-performance bonus plan, retirement savings plan, flexible spending accounts, commuter checks, and more.
- Positive Attitude
- Customer Obsession