Advancing the World’s Technology Together
Our technology solutions power the tools you use every day--including smartphones, electric vehicles, hyperscale data centers, IoT devices, and so much more. Here, you’ll have an opportunity to be part of a global leader whose innovative designs are pushing the boundaries of what’s possible and powering the future.
We believe that innovation and growth are driven by an inclusive culture and a diverse workforce. We’re dedicated to empowering people to be their true selves. Together, we’re building a better tomorrow for our employees, customers, partners, and communities.
What You’ll Do
At Samsung Semiconductor Inc, we are always working on innovating for the next generation wireless mobile platform architecture. As we’re growing our business in the wireless mobile applications, we’re looking for a talented RF system architect with strong technical background and hands-on experience in RF system engineering to join us to craft our next generation wireless mobile platform solution.
You’ll have the unique opportunity to define "best-in-class" RFFE and RFIC architecture, bring new RF concepts and features to the platform, and optimize overall platform RF performance, with emphasis on sub-6GHz and NR-U bands RF-modem system applications. We value your relevant industrial experience in cellular (LTE and 5G NR) and/or connectivity (WiFi, Bluetooth and etc.) applications.
You will work closely with RFFE vendors, internal RFIC and Modem system teams to develop SOC and platform architecture, define key RFIC and RFFE KPIs, and RF-modem algorithm requirements for next generation wireless mobile platform solution. Come join us, bring your passion and dedication to innovate and deliver products which enrich people’s lives!
Location: Hybrid, working onsite at our San Jose, CA headquarters 3 days a week, with the flexibility to work remotely the remainder of your time with occasional travel - domestic and international.
Job ID: 41328
- Analyze next generation cellular FR1 RF-Modem system architecture using Excel, Matlab, Python, and SystemVue.
- Support product architecture definition for next generation sub-6GHz,NR-U cellular and connectivity SOC.
- Co-work with RFFE partner and RFIC design team to define SOC RF specifications and drive differentiation in the RF Front End sub-system definition.
- Co-work with RF System algorithms and modem teams on FR1 SOC calibration requirements, RF impairments compensation techniques, Tx linearization (ET/APT_DPD), Rx self-interference cancellation, and Rx automatic gain control (AGC) optimization.
- Drive RF-modem system validation and commercialization at the platform level with RF SW and RF HW teams.
- Drive engagement with key OEMs in providing RF systems architecture expertise to validate requirements and support phone set development with S.LSI next generation LTE/NR cellular chipset.
What You Bring
- Bachelors with 10+ years of relevant industry experience, or Masters with 8+ years or PhD with 5+ years in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field preferred.
- MS in Electrical Engineering, with emphasis on RF circuits and systems, Applied EM, Microwave engineering, Digital Signal Processing, and/or Communication Systems; PhD is preferred.
- 5+ years in RF systems engineering experience, with expertise in ‘RF-to-modem’ system architecture design.
- Ability to co-work and succeed in a multi-functional and multi-national work environment with confidence to present comfortably to technical audiences.
- In-depth knowledge of 5G NR FR1 cellular radio standards and carrier requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of WiFi and Bluetooth radio standards and requirements.
- Strong knowledge of RF system design concepts, advanced transceiver architecture, and modem dependent issues.
- Experience in translating standards or customer’s requirements into RF system specifications, RFFE/RFIC architecture implications and platform design optimization.
- Hands-on experience in RF system lineup modeling and analyzing RF-Modem system KPIs.
- Hands-on experience in RF-modem impairments compensation and calibration algorithms.
- Hands-on experience in ET/APT/DPD techniques for transmitter efficiency/linearity enhancement techniques.
- Hands-on experience in receiver automatic gain control design and optimization.
- Strong understanding of receiver self-interference cancellation techniques and applications.
- Strong technical writing and presentation skills.
- Sound knowledge of communication systems theory and digital signal processing principles and applications.
- You’re inclusive, adapting your style to the situation and diverse global norms of our people.
- An avid learner, you approach challenges with curiosity and resilience, seeking data to help build understanding.
- You’re collaborative, building relationships, humbly offering support and openly welcoming approaches.
- Innovative and creative, you proactively explore new ideas and adapt quickly to change.
Our total rewards programs are designed to motivate and engage exceptional talent. The pay range for roles at this level across all US locations and job function is displayed below. Within the base pay range, individual rates depend on a number of factors—including the role’s function and location as well as the individual’s knowledge, skills, experience, education and training. This is part of our comprehensive compensation package with annual bonus eligibility and generous benefits to help you live life well
Base Pay Range
What We Offer
An investment in your future, is an investment in ours. That’s why we offer a diverse benefits package centered around the wellbeing of our employees and their loved ones. In addition to competitive compensation and the usual Medical/Dental/Vision/401k, our inclusive curation of benefits empower our people to care for their whole selves.
Give Back With a charitable giving match and frequent opportunities to get involved, we take an active role in supporting the community.
Enjoy Time Away You’ll start with 4+ weeks of paid time off a year, plus holidays and sick leave, to rest and recharge.
Care for Family Whatever family means to you, we want to support you along the way—including a stipend for fertility care or adoption, medical travel support, and an errand service.
Prioritize Emotional Wellness With on-demand apps and paid therapy sessions, you’ll have support no matter where you are.
Stay Fit Eating well and being active are important parts of a healthy life. Our onsite Café and gym, plus virtual classes, make it easier.
Embrace Flexibility Benefits are best when you have the space to use them. That’s why we facilitate a flexible environment so you can find the right balance for you.
To help keep our employees, customers, and communities safe, we’ve developed guidelines for our teams. Currently, we encourage vaccination for all employees, and may require it depending on job functions (e.g., traveling for business, meeting with customers). While visiting our offices or attending team events, we ask employees to complete a daily health questionnaire and complete a weekly COVID test. Our COVID policies are subject to change depending on public health, regulatory and business circumstances.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy
Samsung Semiconductor is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive environment where everyone feels welcomed and empowered to do their best work. We hire the best talent for our teams, regardless of race, religion, color, age, disability, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, or veteran status. Our focus is on hiring teammates with humble expertise, kindness, dedication and a willingness to embrace challenges and learn together every day.