Cash & Collateral Analyst
Posted on 5/11/2023
Chicago, IL, USA
- 2+ years of experience in cash/collateral/liquidity management; previous experience working in financial markets preferred
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting preferred
- SWIFT and Foreign currency transaction experience
- Intermediate knowledge of various trading/financing instruments and life-cycle events preferred
- Working knowledge of general ledger systems and strong Excel skills
- Comfortable working in a dynamic growing trading environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and communicate directly with all levels within the organization
- Organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Strong business acumen and excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are critical
- Process funds transfers and manage incoming and outgoing cash effectively on a daily basis in multiple currencies and across multiple entities
- Monitor firm-wide wire and cash activity to maintain sufficient cash balances
- Liaise with banks to open new accounts, close retired accounts, respond to KYC requests, and address any account issues and queries
- Issue and receive all firm margin calls; validate and reconcile all margin calls liaising with other teams as necessary
- Report daily on the firm's global liquid assets and collaborate with Treasury team members to invest excess cash
- Project cash/margin requirements and liquidity position through analysis and financial reports
- Maintain accuracy in financial transactions and reports; ensure security and confidentiality of financial records
- Prepare ad-hoc reports on cash/liquidity positions and cash usage for senior management
Proprietary trading firm
DRW's mission is to build revolutionary finance. The company is doing this by building a system that applies modeling, technology and quantitative research to identify opportunities in the global financial markets.
- Daily catered breakfast & lunch
- Social events
- Gym subsidy
- Flexible work arrangements
- Monthly tastings
- Game room
- On-site yoga classes and meditation
- Employee led affinity groups
- Mentor/mentee outings
- Trivia nights
- Educational opportunities
- DRW-sponsored sports teams
- Poker tournament
- Private mother's suite
Company Core Values
- Integrity - In order to collaborate thoughtfully and build strong relationships, we value transparency and hold ourselves and our people accountable.
- Critical thought - We like solving problems and discussing technical and research topics. We question what we think we know.
- Learning - Continual growth and exploration, both formally and in our day-to-day interactions, helps build our skills individually and as a team.
- Challenge consensus - We achieve the highest standard of success by challenging our decision making every day. Our formula? Strong opinions, loosely held.
- Preparation - Always be prepared for the expected and the unexpected. We adapt as the markets evolve, and in-depth research helps us do that.
- Respect - Our work environment is diverse, and that diversity makes us stronger. We collaborate thoughtfully, and hold each other in high regard.
- Sense of urgency - In a fast-paced industry, we adapt and are always ready to act. Priorities shift, objectives evolve and we move quickly to adjust.