Get to know Okta
Okta is The World’s Identity Company. We free everyone to safely use any technology—anywhere, on any device or app. Our Workforce and Customer Identity Clouds enable secure yet flexible access, authentication, and automation that transforms how people move through the digital world, putting Identity at the heart of business security and growth.
At Okta, we celebrate a variety of perspectives and experiences. We are not looking for someone who checks every single box, we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences.
Join our team! We’re building a world where Identity belongs to you.
As a Director of Supportability and Readiness you will lead a team of Supportability and Readiness Managers, and will lead initiatives and programs that drive large scale transformation across Customer Support organizations. In this role, you are in a leadership position within the Customer Support Delivery Excellence organization - to partner with Engineering, Product Management, Customer Support & Customer Success teams to ensure the teams are ready for product releases. Additionally, you will own creating a strong, data driven model to isolate top case (support and engineering) drivers and leading continuous improvement initiatives to reduce this work for the teams and customers. The Director of Supportability and Readiness is the point person for leading strategic level goals and outlining the execution plans to achieve them. Employing both a strategic focus, as well as a tactical approach is a must in this role. The individual in this role will play a critical role in the delivery of a wide range of initiatives - from small, quick wins, to lengthy and complex programs. The ideal candidate will have strong Customer Support experience in a SaaS and agile environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and leading the Supportability and Readiness Team(s)
- Own and drive strategic direction for both Supportability and Release Readiness
- Leading monthly cross functional Executive level meeting on key Supportability opportunities leveraging strong data analytics
- Partnering with Support Delivery, Engineering and Product Management to ensure alignment on new releases and improvement opportunities
- Create a data driven model for countries improvement
- Develop and deliver a QBR to the Support delivery team
- Provide Business leadership on key projects and manage various initiatives within and beyond Support, across multiple teams; taking a hands-on and proactive approach to unblock progress, introduce efficiencies, and provide workflow solutions.
- Anticipate and mitigate risks - by having close involvement with teams’ goals and challenges, applying past experience, and keeping in mind the big picture.
Minimum REQUIRED Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A total of 15+ years of industry experience with strong exposure to Customer Support in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Strong leadership skills; ability to influence without authority Strong technical aptitude / affinity; experience working hand-in-hand with software, test, and/or system engineers.
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with a high rate of change.
- Excellent verbal and written communication; skilled with communication at all levels.
- Solid understanding of Customer Support including processes like Case Handling, Case Reviews, Follow-the-sun, escalation processes, 3rd party support processes, CSAT/DSAT Reviews, Global queue management, escalations, language support, plus more.
- Good technical knowledge on the following concepts
- Experience with technologies and protocols to support identity federation and robust access control models (e.g., SAML 2.0, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth, OpenID) directory integration, SSO, multi-factor authentication
- Experience in Identity and Access Management (IAM) and Security space
- Active Directory and LDAP experience
- SaaS experience: Salesforce, Netsuite, Workday
Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s/MBA degree preferred but not required
Okta’s Top 5 Core Leadership Competencies are part of the deeply ingrained principles that guide all of our company’s actions. They also align strongly to our cultural cornerstones, our Okta values: love our customers, empower our people, never stop innovating, act with integrity, and maintain transparency. It’s our expectation that our managers and leaders embody these core competencies:
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong-identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness (EQ): Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Develops Talent: Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Strategic Mindset: Seeing ahead to future possibilities and translating them into breakthrough strategies.
Below is the annual base salary range for candidates located in California, Colorado, New York and Washington. Your actual base salary will depend on factors such as your skills, qualifications, experience, and work location. In addition, Okta offers equity (where applicable), bonus, and benefits, including health, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), flexible spending account, and paid leave (including PTO and parental leave) in accordance with our applicable plans and policies. To learn more about our Total Rewards program please visit: https://rewards.okta.com/us.
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in California (excluding San Francisco Bay Area), Colorado, New York, and Washington is between:
The annual base salary range for this position for candidates located in the San Francisco Bay area is between:
What you can look forward to as an Okta employee!
Okta cultivates a dynamic work environment, providing the best tools, technology and benefits to empower our employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Each organization is unique in the degree of flexibility and mobility in which they work so that all employees are enabled to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, regardless of where they live. Find your place at Okta today! https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, marital status, age, physical or mental disability, or status as a protected veteran. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and convictions records, consistent with applicable laws. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, please use this Form to request an accommodation.