(This role is fully remote for candidates located in British Columbia.)
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! We are looking for a Software Developer to join our Trust and Safety team. In this role, you will build features to ensure our player community is a safe and friendly place for people from all walks of life, including compelling social and inclusive experiences that connect millions of players 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Build and improve moderation tools, features, and workflows that keep the player community safe
- Build strong relationships with the various teams and disciplines across Rec Room to ensure clear communication lines and deliverables are met
- Collaborate across teams and disciplines
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE FOLLOWING:
- 2+ years of experience writing production distributed systems or cloud services using C#
- Experience working with relational databases (i.e., SQL)
- Passion for building safe and welcoming online communities
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience in Trust and Safety related work
- Experience working on backend services for social networks
- Experience with Personalization or Machine Learning
- Experience with non-relational database/storage technology (i.e., NoSQL, blob storage, etc.)
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
The base pay range for this position is $125,000-170,000 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected]. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.