Blockchain technology is powering a growing wave of innovation. Businesses and governments around the world are using blockchains to make banking more efficient, connect with their customers, and investigate criminal cases. As adoption of blockchain technology grows, more and more organizations seek access to all this ecosystem has to offer. That’s where Chainalysis comes in. We provide complete knowledge of what’s happening on blockchains through our data, services, and solutions. With Chainalysis, organizations can navigate blockchains safely and with confidence.
Chainalysis is on the forefront of the cryptocurrency industry and building trust in blockchains. Chainalysis is looking for individuals to source and lead deals within the corporate development function. Chainalysis serves all the different sectors and entities in the cryptocurrency ecosystem and we are looking to build a team that can collaborate closely with our product and go-to-market teams to construct strategic advantages for the business. We are looking for people to bring analytical rigor and problem solving experience to cultivate internal and external relationships and drive the maturation of the industry.
In one year you’ll know you were successful if…
- Conduct market research, synthesize findings and work with the Senior Director of Corporate Development, Chief Strategy Officer and Executive Leadership Team to identify acquisition and investment opportunities that accelerate Chainalysis’ mission.
- Partner with Corporate Development Leadership to develop our Corporate Development thesis.
- Drive your own corporate development deal pipeline, including outreach to and sourcing of new opportunities
- Assist in the execution of acquisitions by performing financial analysis, leading due diligence in partnership with senior team members, and supporting implementation into the Chainalysis ecosystem.
- Oversee partnership and business development initiatives that increase the addressable market for Chainalysis
- Conduct ad-hoc qualitative and quantitative analyses for strategic planning, investing and integration efforts
- Contribute to improving the Corporate Development team by enhancing existing processes and recruiting and developing new team members.
- Establish strong relationships externally with the crypto and blockchain community of entrepreneurs and investors
A background like this helps:
- Experience in product management or engineering at a top tech firm
- Experience in corporate development or related fields such as investment banking, venture capital, or management/strategy consulting
- Experience managing multiple business deals at once through all deal phases
- Technical background of blockchain technology and traditional financial services markets
- International business experience is a plus
- Strong communication skills; verbal, written, and presentational; high attention to detail
This job listing may cover more than one job level. To provide greater transparency to candidates, we share base salary ranges for all United States based job listings. We set standard base salary ranges for all roles based on function, level, and location, benchmarked against technology companies. Individual pay decisions are based on a number of factors, including qualifications for the role, relevant work experience, skillset, internal equity, and other factors, consistent with applicable law. The salary range for this position is dependent on where you live within the United States. Chainalysis maintains two pay zones: Zone 1 includes team members in the New York City metro area and team members in the San Francisco Bay Area. Zone 2 encompasses all other parts of the United States. The salary ranges are:
Zone 1: 148,000 - 165,000 - 181,500
Zone 2: 130,500 - 145,000 - 159,500
Base salary is just one part of our total rewards package which additionally includes equity, performance bonus or commissions for eligible roles, and competitive benefits. This position is ineligible for visa sponsorship.
At Chainalysis, we help government agencies, cryptocurrency businesses, and financial institutions track and investigate illicit activity on the blockchain, allowing them to engage confidently with cryptocurrency. We take care of our people with great benefits, professional development opportunities, and fun.
You belong here.
At Chainalysis, we believe that diversity of experience and thought makes us stronger. With both customers and employees around the world, we are committed to ensuring our team reflects the unique communities around us. Some of the ways we’re ensuring we keep learning are an internal Diversity Committee, Days of Reflection throughout the year including International Women’s Day, Harvey Milk Day, World Humanitarian Day, and UN International Migrants Day, and a commitment to continue revisiting and reevaluating our diversity culture.
We encourage applicants across any race, ethnicity, gender/gender expression, age, spirituality, ability, experience and more. Additionally, if you need any accommodations to make our interview process more accessible to you due to a disability, don’t hesitate to let us know. You can learn more here. We can’t wait to meet you.
By submitting this application, I consent to and authorize Chainalysis to contact my former employers, and any and all other persons and organizations for information bearing upon my qualifications for employment. I further authorize the listed employers, schools and personal references to give Chainalysis (without further notice to me) any and all information about my previous employment and education, along with other pertinent information they may have, and hereby waive any actions which I may have against either party(ies) for providing a reference. I understand any future employment will be contingent on the Company receiving satisfactory employment references.