Birmingham, AL, USA • Remote in USA
We seek Fleetio’s first Solutions Consultant to strengthen our growing sales team! Based anywhere in the United States, you will be the product expert who offers our solutions to Enterprise clients in key global market areas.
As the Company’s first Solutions Consultant, you are both the product expert and the team-building intrapreneur. You are a high-performing professional with a solid technical background and can communicate complex concepts crisply and credibly to a technical and non-technical audience. You excel at understanding customer business needs. You have a natural passion for technology and previous experience working in a fast-growing and innovative tech company with a high degree of autonomy. Be sure to mention coffee in your cover letter so we know you actually read this.
Fleetio (pronounced "flee-tee-oh”) is a modern software platform that helps thousands of organizations worldwide manage their fleet operations. Transportation technology is a hot market, and we’re leading the charge, with raving fans and new customers signing up daily.
What makes us special, you might ask? We’ve been remote-friendly since 2012 and have won Birmingham Alabama’s Best Places to Work four years in a row. We have over 200 employees all over the United States, Canada, and Mexico. We raised a $21M Series B in late 2020 and have over 4,700+ paying customers in 70 countries. We’re on an exciting trajectory as a company and we’re ready for you to join us.
More about our product and company:
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and present to enterprise customers how our fleet management software solutions can improve current business processes
- Provide day-to-day product expertise during the sales process, including directly interfacing with the sales team and prospective customers
- Lead/Participate in discovery sessions to understand/identify pain points as a basis for designing a solution
- Detect technical and functional objections from the prospective customer during the sales process, be creative and find solutions to deliver to the customer
- Deliver technical presentations and respond to technical questions during sales calls
- Serve as the market expert on products; from how customers use them to how the field sells and services them
- Own RFP/RFI’s and serve as a critical collaborator to the pilot process
- Understand the competition and be, with your participation, a differentiator during the sales process
- Partner cross-functionally within the sales organization, such as with sales enablement and customer success functions, to confirm and articulate customer technical requests to the product team and drive product feedback
- Increase knowledge and understanding of solution architectures across the broader sales and system/sales engineering community
- Evangelize Fleetio solutions by telling compelling stories with creativity
What’s in it for you
- Work with fascinating customers and prospects from all around the world. Many different types of companies and organizations operate a fleet each day, and Fleetio is a good fit for most of them (it’s a huge market)
- Be a part of an incredible team of “A” players who go above and beyond to make Fleetio a successful company. We’re a customer-centric team with a great product, excellent support, and countless happy customers.
- Work remotely (within the United States), or at our Birmingham, AL HQ. We strive to promote a strong remote working culture and have done so since the beginning.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a technical consulting, solutions consulting, or engineering role; or applicable industry experience
- 4+ years of relevant sales, technical, or customer-facing experience, ideally within a SaaS company
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills, including presentations and proposals for both business and technical audiences
- Ability to speak to technical architecture and understand how it would connect to a client’s infrastructure
- Ability to work with complex business requirements and transition them into the design of solutions, including product demos, user story creation, business rules
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills
- Ability to build client relationships easily
- Understanding of value-based selling in customer-facing roles
- A good balance of sales, business, and technical expertise
- Technical background in related technologies
- Natural curiosity and desire to solve problems
- Stellar interpersonal skills and strong team values
- 100% health/dental coverage (50% coverage for family)
- Vision insurance
- Incentive stock options
- 401(k) match of 4%
- PTO - 4 weeks
- 10 company holidays + 2 floating holidays
- Parental and bonding leave
- Dependent care and medical FSA
- Short and long term disability
- Community service funds
- Professional development funds
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Mac laptop + new hire equipment stipend
- Monthly catered lunches
- Fully stocked kitchen with tons of drinks & snacks
- Remote working friendly since 2012 #LI-REMOTE
Fleetio provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
This application is not intended to and does not create a contract or offer of employment. Employment with Fleetio is at will.
If you have a disability or a special need that requires an accommodation to fill out the online application, please let us know by calling (205) 718-7500 or emailing [email protected].