About the company
At Covera, we’re committed to ensuring high-quality healthcare is more than just a promise. That’s why we’re leading the way in the emerging science of quality, and connecting providers and payers in their shared quest to improve patient outcomes and care quality. By tackling this challenge, we have the ability to impact millions of lives by raising the standard of care nationwide.
Our initial focus is radiology, where an early and accurate diagnosis has a profound impact on the rest of a patient’s care journey. Through our work, which uses clinically-validated science-based tools, we’re helping doctors enhance their care, ensuring patients get the right diagnosis, and enabling the healthcare system to support quality improvement at scale.
Through our clinical intelligence platform, we have launched programs that help people access the most effective care and provide doctors with AI-powered quality insights and tools to enhance their care. Today, Covera is partnered with leading employers, payers and healthcare organizations across the US, including Walmart and Microsoft. And, with a pipeline representing over 25% of insured Americans, we are in the early stages of improving care quality for all patients across the globe.
In August 2021, we raised a $25M Series C financing round with Insight Partners, a leading global venture capital and private equity firm investing in high-growth companies driving transformative change in their industries.
About the role
We are looking for a talented AI/ML Ops engineer with a focus on Deep Learning to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. You will work with a growing multidisciplinary team of talented AI scientists, data scientists, engineers, and researchers to leverage unique healthcare data (in the form of MRI images, clinical reports, claims data, and beyond) and be instrumental in building out our automated quality assessment platform.
In this role, you will be responsible for making important design decisions around our infrastructure, helping us evaluate which tools to use, and planning and orchestrating complex changes. Working closely with the rest of the AI team, you will help ensure we are building high quality systems -- including monitoring to keep them running smoothly.
You will be expected to:
- Investigate, evaluate and develop new and existing tools to deploy and scale machine learning models
- Research and recommend tools, algorithms, and solutions in line with our quality of care improvement strategy
- Contribute to the enhancement and extension of all our AI/ML pipelines and environments
- Design and build reliable, performant, maintainable and secure pipelines which can scale to the needs of our business while reducing costs
- Collaborate closely with our Software Engineering team to manage our infrastructure and automate whenever possible
- Ensure reliable and ongoing measurement and monitoring of our AI platform
- Collaborate closely with other engineers and AI scientists by receiving and providing feedback on plans, technical designs, and code.
- MS in computer science or related discipline
- At least 3+ years of work experience
- Applied programming experience in Python, C, and/or C++
- Experience with libraries and tools like PyTorch, Ray and CUDA
- Experience using deep learning inference engines and optimization frameworks to deploy deep learning models (ONNX, Intel OpenVino, NVIDIA TensorRT, TritonRT or similar frameworks)
- Experience orchestrating and monitoring AI and Machine Learning pipelines in production
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with Unix-based environments and shell scripting
- Experience deploying deep learning pipelines
- Experience with containers / orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes preferred)
- Ability to work well as an individual contributor as well as within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude to work and thrive in a fast-paced team environment
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA, 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and--when we go back to the office--a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a talented, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better! Even while remote, you’ll experience the Covera culture as we offer a host of virtual experiences including a book club, fitness club, guest speakers, dynamic Slack channels, and more!
The minimum and maximum salary for this position is $140,000 to $160,000.
At Covera Health, we strive to build diverse teams that reflect the people we want to empower through our technology. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. Equal Opportunity is the Law, and Covera Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and affirmative action employer. If you have a specific need that requires accommodation, please let a member of the People Team know.