ArsenalBio, a privately held, clinical-stage programmable cell therapy company engineering advanced CAR T therapies for solid tumors, is seeking a talented Scientist I - Synthetic Biology to work on-site based in our South South San Francisco office.
ArsenalBio’s mission is to develop efficacious and safe cellular therapies for patients with chronic
diseases, initially cancer. With our programmable and computationally driven approach, our team is engineering living medicines to attack cancer’s inherent multi-faceted nature and overcome the challenges of addressing solid tumors with cell therapy.
Driven by a collective of diverse experts across immunology, synthetic biology, molecular biology, automation and computational biology, we are united in purpose to deliver radical breakthroughs for people with cancer, and prioritize the team’s outcomes over individual goals to achieve our company mission – together.
ArsenalBio’s approach to improving T cell therapies for solid tumors incorporates novel receptors and gene circuits in addition to modulation of T cell states to empower these therapies to sense their environment and respond as needed to resolve disease states with remarkable potency. We are seeking a highly talented and driven candidate to join ArsenalBio’s Synthetic Biology group on the forefront of screening, development, and application of novel T cell intrinsic and extrinsic perturbations to improve therapeutic activity. You will interface closely with colleagues across ArsenalBio’s Discovery, Technology, and Medical Sciences departments, as well as external collaborators and thought leaders in an exciting environment on the bleeding edge of synthetic biology and immuno-oncology.
What You Will Do:
- Engineer T cells with novel perturbations for in vitro and in vivo testing
- Apply experience in high-throughput screening (pooled and arrayed approaches) and T cell functional assays (multicolor flow cytometry, luciferase, Incucyte, Luminex, etc.) to screen genetic and epigenetic perturbations for a portfolio of cell therapy applications
- Coordinate tasks across multiple projects, demonstrating prioritization and planning
- Document experimental design and generation of large scale datasets with attention to detail
- Maintain familiarity with the relevant current literature and its application in cell therapy
What Will You Bring:
- Ph.D. in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or a related discipline with 0-2 years relevant experience; or Masters with 5+ years of relevant experience; or Bachelors with 7+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent organizational, written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to quickly learn new skills and knowledge on the job, demonstrate productivity, and deliver high-quality results with transparency and accountability
- High level of competence with two or more of the following is required: 4+ color flow cytometry, viral or non-viral T cell editing, T cell functional assays (T and tumor cell co-cultures, T cell cytotoxicity assays, etc.), molecular biology skills (RNA/DNA extraction, qRT-PCR, NGS, molecular cloning)
- Experience performing data analysis required (R/Python, FlowJo, Prism, etc. is a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to perform as a team player in a collaborative multi-disciplinary environment
What We Will Offer You:
An opportunity to work with the best talent in the field of cell therapy, and be part of ONE TEAM to advance therapies to patients who need it most.
ArsenalBio has a generous and comprehensive benefits package that includes but is not limited to medical, dental, and vision as well as mental health resources, virtual and telehealth options, coaching, infertility treatment, parental leave and health savings accounts. We also offer flexible work schedules and flexible time off, which includes two extra “Arsenal Days of Rest” every quarter for employees to recharge.
We have a robust mentorship program, and comprehensive development tools to help employees take control of their career paths and grow into their best selves. ArsenalBio believes in investing in the well-being of our employees - both at work and at home, as they are our greatest asset. They bring scientific talents in molecular biology, immunology, pharmacology, protein chemistry, computational biology, automation, genome engineering, software and other fields to make the future happen now.
ArsenalBio prioritizes the providing of a safe and healthy workplace that is consistent with COVID-19 public health guidance and legal requirements. In order to protect our employees and visitors, we require all visitors (candidates) and employees to present proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 when coming onsite.
We are committed to hiring the best talent from diverse backgrounds. A diverse workforce engenders richness of thought, creativity and discovery. We invite individuals who embrace intellectual achievement to bring their unique personal and professional journeys and together we will build transformative cell therapies for cancer patients.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The estimated base salary offer for the preferred primary location of San Francisco Bay area ranges from $108,600– $133,000. Salary ranges for other locations may vary from this range. Base pay offered may vary depending on job related knowledge, experience, education, and location. In addition to these factors, we believe in the importance of pay equity and consider internal equity of our current employees as part of any final offer.
To all recruitment agencies: ArsenalBio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, or ArsenalBio employees. ArsenalBio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.