GTM Staff Data Scientist
Posted on 5/12/2022
Remote • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
Natural Language Processing (NLP)
- BS, MS, or PhD in an appropriate technology field (Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Econometrics, Operations Research, etc.)
- 4+ plus years experience in data science, with a focus on predictive modeling
- Expertise in Python, with expert command of machine learning libraries
- Strong proficiency in SQL
- Expertise in machine learning and statistical modeling techniques such as clustering, classification, regression, decision trees, neural nets, support vector machines, genetic algorithms, anomaly detection, recommender systems, and natural language processing
- Experience with the full end-to-end data science lifecycle : Requirements gathering, Feature Engineering, Feature Selection, Model Building, Model evaluation, Model Deployment
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong ability to convert complex data into insights and action plans
- Able to effectively communicate a vision and inspire others to innovate
- Apply artificial intelligence and machine learning techniques to drive sales efficiency and productivity (e.g., by building models like new logo propensity, next-best-product recommendation engines, etc.)
- Extrapolate data-driven insights using advanced, predictive statistical modeling and testing applied to data acquired and cleansed from diverse sources
- Mentor a team of junior and senior data scientists
- Interact and collaborate with cross-functional teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Product) to define requirements and propose new ML models to drive business impact
- Provide and inspire data science innovations that fuel the growth of sales and Twilio as a whole
- Provide technical data science leadership across multiple teams to help guide data-driven strategies
- Understand and teach proven methods and hacking skills in working with divergent data types at scale
- Provide GTM and Sales stakeholders the entrepreneurial guidance essential for appropriately interpreting and building on findings and fully exploiting the insights revealed through the research
- Based in Colorado: $145,520 - $181,900
- Based in New York or Washington State: $154,080 - $192,600
- Based in the San Francisco Bay area, California: $171,120 - $213,900
- This role is eligible to participate in Twilio's equity plan and the following benefits: health care insurance, 401(k) retirement account, paid sick time, paid personal time off, paid parental leave
- Experience with AWS SageMaker, Databrics, MLFlow, or Kubeflow is a plus but not required
Customer engagement platform & developer of communications APIs
Twilio's mission is to fuel the future of communications. By making communications a part of every software developer's toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.
- Vacation: Twilio offers generous annual time off in all countries for you to enjoy.
- Healthcare: We are dedicated to helping our employees live longer and healthier lives through comprehensive health programs.
- Retirement: Twilio cares about your retirement! We offer programs to help our employees plan for their retirement needs.
- Family leave: At Twilio we recognize the importance of family. We offer generous maternity, paternity, and adoption leaves, as well as family medical care leave.
- Earn your stripes: Build and present a Twilio app to earn your Twilio track jacket and receive $30 per month for e‑books for continued learning and education.
- Catered meals: We provide a variety of snacks, drinks, and catered meals in each of our locations.
Company Core Values
- Build a more‑connected world
- Be great, do good, scale fast
- The work of our lives