One in two people experience debilitating back, neck, shoulder, or joint pain — but traditional treatments have failed to meet their needs. Physical therapy can be expensive and hard to access; appointments often involve long commutes and missed work. Making matters worse, unresolved pain can trigger the overuse of opioids and surgeries.
Join us in reimagining healthcare from the ground up. We’re making high-quality care accessible by pairing wearable sensors and computer vision with a world-class clinical team. Hinge Health puts a digital clinic in every member’s pocket. Now millions of people can access personalized digital care from a physical therapist, guidance on behavior change from a health coach, and expert consultations with an orthopedic surgeon. With a single app and wearable technology like our Enso device, we’re helping to reduce pain, surgeries, and opioid use.
Here at Hinge Health, we welcome all applicants and know a diverse team makes us better and stronger. We look for individuals who embody our leadership principles and we value varied experiences and skill sets. Beyond specific work experience, we also look for unique capabilities and skill sets that are key indicators an applicant will thrive in our fast-paced, frequently evolving environment. If this sounds like the kind of place you’d like to be part of, please apply - we would love to hear from you!
What does Hybrid mean at Hinge Health?
We believe that remote work and in-person work have their own advantages and disadvantages, and want to be able to leverage the best of both worlds. Some roles which require a greater degree of day-to-day collaboration will benefit from more in-person opportunities. That’s why we are encouraging employees near hubs to have in-person engagement and why we plan to localize our hiring strategy for certain teams to grow within designated hubs. For this position we require the individual to reside in one of the following areas: Austin, Portland, San Francisco or Seattle.
About the Role
The Design & UX Group is highly multidisciplinary made up of designers from all backgrounds (product, industrial, visual, motion, etc), researchers, content strategists, program managers, and more.
As a senior product designer you will be responsible for owning a large surface area at Hinge Health from road mapping, to strategy, to launching features that will engage, empower, and delight our users. You will create innovative and creative design solutions that make our MSK interventions elegant and persuasive user experiences that change member’s behaviors and lives and help our care team provide great care to our members. You will lead as a strong systems thinker, crafting our user experience, interaction patterns and guidelines to promote a unified design language across all touchpoints. As well as, bringing practice improvement, thought leadership, creative thinking, and mentorship for less experienced designers. You will have a direct impact in improving the lives of people struggling with muscular skeletal health conditions.
WHAT YOU’LL ACCOMPLISH
- Create product experience vision; identify and visualize opportunities to up-level our products, experiences to benefit our users and our brand
- Design layouts, UI, interaction patterns, visual design, and system components
- Communicate design vision and interaction with prototypes, presentations, and mocks
- Identify needs and key opportunities for user input; help plan and conduct user research with our user research team with contextual interviews, think-alouds, A/B tests, surveys and analysis
- Lead the development and delivery of solutions that meet intended goals and creating outcomes that positively impact key metrics
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, careteams and other designers to ensure designs drive desired UX, business, and technical outcomes
- Evangelizing design practices and finds opportunities to elevate confidence in our work across the larger company
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of UX/product/service design experience
- Portfolio that showcases your strong skills in user experience, service, interaction and product design
- Mastery over user research and human-centered design processes
- Ability to provide thoughtful critique and helpful guidance to others
- Proven success presenting work at executive level and using design to build alignment
- Ability to provide strong influence and impact on product direction by being a thoughtful, proactive partner with Product and Engineering colleagues
- Solid history in leading product design and/or service design for consumer apps and products
- Strong background in designing and shipping for responsive web and mobile app
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Interaction Design, Product Design, Industrial Design, Human-computer Interaction (HCI), or equivalent
- A 0 to 1 mindset — you’re comfortable navigating ambiguity, partnering closely with product and engineering teammates to make decisions quickly, learn from them, and iterate. You aren’t afraid to put something out there to get rapid feedback.
- Design innovator — you are excited to redefine a space by bringing novel, delightful ideas to the table. You are able to pull from unexpected sources of inspiration.
- Master of many mediums — you design seamlessly across mobile, desktop, wearables and other interfaces
WHAT YOU’LL LOVE ABOUT US
- Inclusive healthcare and benefits: On top of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage, we offer help with gender-affirming care, tools for family and fertility planning, and travel reimbursements if healthcare isn’t available where you live
- Modern life stipends: Manage your own learning and development budget and use the mental health and lifestyle stipends to cover your favorite wellness services, workout classes, gym subscriptions, and work-from-home equipment
- Flexible vacation and paid time off: Full-time employees have full flexibility to choose when, how, and why they take time off to rest and recharge
About Hinge Health:
LinkedIn recently named Hinge Health one of the Top 50 Startups. Forbes, Fast Company, and Inc. have also recognized our technology, innovation, and culture.
Since our founding in 2014, we’ve raised more than $800 million from leading investors, including Coatue and Tiger Global. We work with 1000 customers across every industry and the public sector — including Salesforce, Verizon, and the State of New Jersey — to give more than 23 million people access to the care they need. We’re positioned to continue leading the market with unmatched investments in clinical research, care innovation, machine learning, AI, and computer vision.
Diversity and inclusion:
Hinge Health is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any kind. We make employment decisions without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, disability status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
We provide reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities. If you feel you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, let us know by reaching out to your recruiter.
There continues to be a significant increase in phishing attempts across all industries where fraudsters are impersonating real employees and sending fictitious job offers to applicants in a scheme to obtain sensitive information. Please note that we will never ask for your financial information at any part of the interview process including the post-offer stage, and will only correspond through @hingehealth.com domain email addresses.
If you encounter any suspicious activity, we recommend you cease all communication with the individual and consider reporting them to the US FBI Internet Crime Complaint Center. If you would like to verify the legitimacy of an email you received from our recruiting team, please forward it to [email protected]
*Please do not send resumes via email*
If you’re interested - we’d love to hear from you.