Senior/Staff Software Engineer
Localization and Mapping Backend Infrastructure
Updated on 5/15/2023
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- At least 7 years of industry experience with C++ 11 or newer
- Passion for code correctness, testability, modularity, and elegant architectures
- Drive to build a highly scalable mapping system
- Experience working with cloud and web technologies (AWS, S3, EC2, SQL, HTML, JS, CSS)
- Experience handling large data sets efficiently
- 8+ years of experience in a related field
- One of the most critical ways a self driving car localizes is using a high definition 3D map. As a Mapping Backend Software Engineer, you will design and develop essential production-ready components of our 3D mapping pipeline. You'll further automate the scalable backend that produces our large-scale 3D maps, as well as mature our map validation system, test, metrics, and release frameworks. You'll also enhance our map content interface consumed by downstream customers, such as our own Localization team and the Road Network team. The architecture you build will enable us to easily produce new high-fidelity map content at enormous scales in parallel, while delivering rapid updates to small areas where the map is out of date
- Experience working with geographic data
- Familiarity with SLAM
- Strong mathematical skills
- Experience designing metrics and knowledge of statistics
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.