Posted on 6/15/2021
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Fantastic communication skills, both written and verbal
- At least 2 years of experience supporting a companys IT operation
- Service-oriented mindset and the ability to empathize with a wide range of technical experience
- Experience troubleshooting macOS and Windows machines
- Experience with networked and mobile computing environments
- Exposure to scripting and software development
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
- Triaging issues from employees, and troubleshooting with individuals one-on-one
- Assisting on-boarding of new hires (setting up laptops, provisioning access, answering questions)
- Providing support for services such as video conferencing, remote access, internal products, and mobile technology
- Apple and mobile device management
- Front line for network problems, working with and learning from our network experts
- Managing access to third-party software (e.g. Google Workspace, Azure, etc.)
- Providing remote hands support for security and networking teams
- A/V Support for general troubleshooting, conference rooms and live events
- Purchasing and managing assets (computers, monitors, software licenses, etc)
- Knowledgeable of git and the GitHub workflow (this is how we work)
- Experience with SAML based single sign-on solutions
- Exposure to networking and information security
- Experience with VOIP, phone, and A/V support
Open-source code hosting
GitHub is on a mission is to build a global platform for developer collaboration. The company operates an open-source coding hosting and collaboration platform
- A diverse and inclusive workplace - At GitHub, we think that a diverse company is a strong company, and we work hard to foster a supportive and welcoming workplace. Learn more about our commitment to diversity.
- Work happier - Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Lead from any location - GitHub is a remote-first company with offices located throughout the US, Europe, and Asia. Whether you live near an office or not, GitHub believes you can do your best work wherever you are. If you work remotely, you will receive a stipend to outfit your home office and receive reoccurring reimbursement refreshes.
- Put your health and family first - You’ll enjoy 100% coverage of health insurance premiums across our medical, dental, and vision plan offerings, including coverage for dependents. We also offer five months of paid family leave to all new parents with the option to use it all at once or throughout the baby’s first year.
- Find your zen - GitHub provides a monthly wellness stipend designed to cover anything from gym memberships, massage, meditation apps, or any other wellness related expenses.
- Invest in your future - At GitHub, you’ll have a stake in the future success of our platform with equity grants. For full-time employees, we offer competitive 401k planning with a 50% company match up to the IRS 402(g) annual limit.
- Keep growing - Learn how you learn best. From books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.
- Give back to your community - We believe in sharing our time, resources, and products to contribute to positive social impact. GitHub matches charitable donations up to $15,000 per calendar year. And for each hour (up to 40 hours) of volunteering per year, you will receive $20 to donate to an organization of your choice.
Company Core Values
- Collaboration: We believe the best work is done together.
- Empathy: We believe in putting people first.
- Quality: We believe in setting the standard for excellence.
- Positive Impact: We believe in making the world a better place through our work.
- Shipping: We believe in creating things for the people using them.