Posted on 3/15/2023
Irvine, CA, USA
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering, computer engineering or computer science
- 2+ years of experience working with ASICs and/or FPGAs
- ASIC/FPGA system integration experience
- Software design and development skills
- Experience in designing DSP, digital communication system datapath blocks, and/or modem design
- Excellent scripting skills (csh/bash, Perl, Python etc.)
- Experience with EDA tools such as HDL simulators (e.g. VCS, Questa, IES), HDL Lint tools (e.g. Spyglass), FPGA tools (e.g. Xilinx Vivado, Altera Quartus II)
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment with changing needs and requirements
- Team-player, can-do attitude and ability to work well in a group environment while still contributing on an individual basis
- Enjoys being challenged and learning new skills
- Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary to support critical milestones
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Design FPGAs for Starlink projects, implementing complex SoC blocks and SoC integration tasks
- Implement or integrate design blocks using Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Optimize designs for power, performance and area
- Participate in the design process starting with high-level conceptual and architectural discussions and ending with micro architecture and design partition within the FPGA
- Participate in all phases of FPGA design flow (e.g. synthesis, timing closure, verification)
- Work with ASIC backend/implementation teams as needed
- Bring-up and validate FPGAs in the lab
- Collaborate with software engineers in developing production software for your designs
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.