Culver City, California
6 month growth↑ 0%
1 year growth↑ 5%
2 year growth↑ 29%
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience working with embedded devices, Consumer Electronics manufacturers, SoC providers, and Pay TV Operators
- Experience troubleshooting using various web technologies
- Strong background working with C/C++, Java, Unix/Linux systems, and scripting in Shell, Perl, or Python
- Ability to speak to both business and technical stakeholders
- Previous exposure with integrating payment systems
- Lead deployments, optimize implementations, and handle integrations to build successful, long-term partnerships
- Own technical engagements and find creative/innovative solutions to improve Crunchyroll’s experiences
- Lead projects that require close collaboration with other teams like Product, Engineering, Business Development, Program management, and Marketing
- Improve existing operations, define and commercialize new solutions, bridge product gaps, automate partner operations, and take new initiatives from conception to successful deployment
WE HELP EVERYONE BELONG. IT’S OUR PURPOSE.
Founded by fans, Crunchyroll delivers the art and culture of anime to a passionate community. We super-serve over 100 million anime and manga fans across 200+ countries and territories, and help them connect with the stories and characters they crave. Whether that experience is online or in-person, streaming video, theatrical, games, merchandise, events and more, it’s powered by the anime content we all love.
Join our team, and help us shape the future of anime!
About the role
Crunchyroll is growing and changing, presenting unique challenges and opportunities to support millions of anime fans around the world. The Partner Engineering team provides seamless help to our partners and internal stakeholders, ensuring an exceptional experience for all Crunchyroll fans.
As a Partner Engineer, you’ll lead deployments, optimize implementations, and handle integrations to build successful, long-term partnerships. You will own technical engagements and be the key driver in finding creative/innovative solutions that lead Crunchyroll’s experiences to the next level.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead projects that require close collaboration with other teams like Product, Engineering, Business Development, Program management, and Marketing. You’ll play a key role in improving existing operations, defining and commercializing new solutions, bridging product gaps, automating partner operations, and taking new initiatives from conception to successful deployment.
In the role of Senior Partner Engineer, you will report to the Director, Partner Engineering.
We are considering applicants for the locations of Culver City and San Francisco.
We get excited about candidates, like you, because...
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 8+ years of experience working with embedded devices, Consumer Electronics manufacturers, SoC providers, and Pay TV Operators.
- Experience troubleshooting using various web technologies.
- Strong background working with C/C++, Java, Unix/Linux systems, and scripting in Shell, Perl, or Python.
- Ability to speak to both business and technical stakeholders.
- Previous exposure with integrating payment systems.
About the Team
The Technology Partnerships team at Crunchyroll plays a pivotal role in enhancing and expanding our users’ experiences. We collaborate extensively with a diverse network of device, payment, and gaming partners to broaden the reach of Crunchyroll’s offerings. Our primary objective is to drive growth, open up new acquisition channels, and optimize both the scope and quality of our services. Situated at the crossroads of technology and business, we are dedicated to continually enabling experiences that delights our fans.
Why you will love working at Crunchyroll
In addition to getting to work with fun, passionate and inspired colleagues, you will also enjoy the following benefits and perks:
- Receive a great compensation package including salary plus performance bonus earning potential, paid annually.
- Flexible time off policies allowing you to take the time you need to be your whole self.
- Generous medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD, and life insurance
- Health Saving Account HSA program
- Health care and dependent care FSA
- 401(k) plan, with employer match
- Employer paid commuter benefit
- Support program for new parents
- Pet insurance and some of our offices are pet friendly!
About our Values
We want to be everything for someone rather than something for everyone and we do this by living and modeling our values in all that we do. We value
Courage. We believe that when we overcome fear, we enable our best selves.
Curiosity. We are curious, which is the gateway to empathy, inclusion, and understanding.
Service. We serve our community with humility, enabling joy and belonging for others.
Kaizen. We have a growth mindset committed to constant forward progress.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion
Our mission of helping people belong reflects our commitment to diversity & inclusion. It’s just the way we do business.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Crunchyroll. Pursuant to applicable law, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Crunchyroll, LLC is an independently operated joint venture between US-based Sony Pictures Entertainment, and Japan’s Aniplex, a subsidiary of Sony Music Entertainment (Japan) Inc., both subsidiaries of Tokyo-based Sony Group Corporation.
Questions about Crunchyroll’s hiring process? Please check out our Hiring FAQs: https://help.crunchyroll.com/hc/en-us/articles/360040471712-Crunchyroll-Hiring-FAQs
Please beware of recent scams to online job seekers. Those applying to our job openings will only be contacted directly from @crunchyroll.com email account.