Vendor Risk Management Lead
Posted on 3/10/2022
Remote in USA
- 3+ years of professional work experience in internal audit, enterprise risk, or operational risk in a regulated environment, preferably in banking or financial services
- 4-year college/university degree; in lieu of this, we will consider additional years of experience beyond the 3+ listed above
- Strong interest in fintech and consumer finance
- Self-starter with the desire to ramp up quickly, collaborate, influence, and execute
- Passionate about risk management and improving processes, in order to make Affirm a more efficient and risk-aware organization
- Inquisitive and enthusiastic in proposing creative, effective solutions
- Solid project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex and sensitive issues
- Resourceful and can work well independently
- Proficient in Google Workspace applications: Gmail, Sheets, Drive, Docs, etc
- Nice to have: Previous experience in fintech Specific experience with risk oversight of third parties (vendors) Experience using and managing a governance, risk, and compliance tool
- Collaborate on risk-assessment process, focusing on onboarding and assessing critical third-party relationships, including: Analyzing the third-party risk assessment and/or questionnaires for new vendor onboarding and ongoing monitoring of existing vendors Ensuring vital internal partners (e.g., strategic finance and risk teams) and external partners (e.g., vendor points of contact) are engaged Coordinating with Vendor Relationship Owners (VROs) for ongoing monitoring (such as SLA monitoring) and supporting the termination process, if applicable
- Assist in drafting and maintaining procedures for program activities
- Propose enhancements to the VRM program, including recommendations on policy, standards, procedures, and the VRM platform
- Work with financial partnerships, business, and other risk partners to create a systematic approach for calculating vendor risk ratings, along with the associated due-diligence requirements
- Develop, support, and track reporting requirements (KPIs and KRIs), plus communicate these metrics to senior leadership
- Monitor industry trends and maintain compliance with regulatory expectations and requirements
- As needed, support the execution of strategic projects for the wider ERM team
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.