Posted on 3/15/2023
DuBois, PA, USA
- Competitive salary
- Paid-Time-Off: Accrue 160 hours in first year
- 12 Holidays per year
- Comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, and vision
- Retirement with core contribution, company match, and immediate 100% vesting
- Experience in electrical and/or maintenance field (minimum of three years of experience preferred) and have the ability to repair all of the plant's equipment. Experience in an automated manufacturing facility will be a plus!
- Requires use of higher mathematics involved in applications of electrical and electronic principles along with comprehensive knowledge of theories and practices in some related fields
- Knowledge of traditional electrical wiring, programmable controllers, and various instrumentation systems and general industrial controls. This includes common testing equipment
- Strong mechanical aptitude with experience in pneumatic/hydraulic troubleshooting; other maintenance skills in carpentry, pipe fitting and welding are also welcome attributes
- Must manage/prioritize preventative, emergency repairs, corrective, and project work to quickly and efficiently complete tasks
- Must be willing and able to work overtime, as needed, to fulfill this job's responsibility to the plant along with multi-shift operations
- Above average computer skills
- Maintain a good safety record and monitor unsafe conditions throughout the plant
- Self-motivated individual able to use cause and affect logic to problem solve and driven to troubleshoot problems down to the most detailed level
- Be able to follow detailed work orders, modify same through supervision or lead-person as required
- Install, perform maintenance and repair equipment as it relates to mechanical and electrical maintenance. Work will require a comprehensive scope of technical disciplines (e.g. Mechanical drives, belts, chains, lubrication, hydraulics, pneumatics, pipe fitting, welding, instrumentation systems, electrical wiring, PLCs, troubling of all areas and general facilities maintenance.)
- Maintain good communication with production supervisors, machine operators, managers and other support personnel
- Perform preventive maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) as established by standard operating procedure and regulatory requirements
- Must be positive team contributor who understands they are a service provider to all operational team members
- Participate in training activities, both on and off site
- Document and maintain required records, and follow-up as required on all deficiencies
- Work safely by following all safety policies, procedures and actively participate in all site safety programs
- Identify root cause of issues during production and document issue on action logs
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
- Devise methods and procedures for electrical and electronic maintenance; make original contributions to resolve complex problems
- Experience with NC/CNC machine maintenance and diagnostics is a plus but not required
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential