Senior Software Developer
.NET Virtual Machines
Posted on 12/6/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- Excellent C, C++, and C# programming skills
- Excellent debugging skills
- Experience developing across multiple platforms
- Optimization and profiling skills
- Knowledge of Windows API and systems-level programming on Windows platforms
- Focus on quality/test driven development
- Note: Certain locations require a good faith disclosure of the base salary range for the role. The actual salary for the successful candidate may differ based on location, experience, and other job-related factors
- Development and maintenance of all scripting runtimes: .NET, Mono, and IL2CPP
- Technical leadership of projects, specifically related to porting scripting runtimes to multiple platforms
- Integration, debugging, and upgrading open source software like the Roslyn C# compiler, the Mono runtime, and the .NET Core GC
- Optimization of generated code size, memory usage, and execution speed
- Research and development of Unity focused optimizations, extensions, and functionality within the .NET ecosystem
- Communication of solutions and feedback to users via documentation, forums, and bug reports
- Experience working with compilers, virtual machines, or garbage collectors
- Experience contributing to open source software
- Strong experience with C# and the .NET ecosystem
- Experience with ARM architectures
- Experience using Unity
Platform for creating & operating interactive, real-time 3D content
Unity's mission is to democratize game development and enable everyone to create rich interactive content.
- Comprehensive health, life, and disability insurances
- Commuting subsidy
- Employee stock ownership
- Comprehensive retirement/pension plans
- Generous vacation and personal days
- Paid leave for new parents
- Wellness and fitness subsidy
- Office food and free snacks, including lots of healthy options!
- Mental health and Wellbeing programs and support
- Employee Resource Groups
- Global Employee Assistance Program
- Training and development programs
- Volunteering and donation matching program
Company Core Values
- Users first - We put users first… they are rock stars and we are their biggest fans. Our shared dedication to users holds us together, defines and aligns our work and drives us to deliver for them.
- Best ideas win - We believe great ideas can come from anywhere. We have vigorous debates, we listen and learn, and we make sure the best ideas win. We care enough to go through the pain of messy conversations.
- In it together - We are Citizens of Unity. We act like owners. We’re activists; we have a voice and use it. We’re direct and candid, with good intent. We respect each other’s uniqueness and we’re in it together.
- Go bold - We do bold things. We go big and when we fail, we learn, get better and go big again. We challenge and elevate each other beyond our limits to do what may seem impossible. We stay curious and hungry.