MedMen is a cannabis retailer with flagship locations in Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, and New York. MedMen offers a robust selection of high-quality products, including MedMen-owned brands [statemade], LuxLyte, and MedMen Red through its premium retail stores, proprietary delivery service, as well as curbside and in-store pick up. MedMen Buds, an industry-first loyalty program, provides exclusive access to promotions, product drops and content. MedMen believes that a world where cannabis is legal and regulated is safer, healthier and happier. Learn more about MedMen at www.medmen.com
As a Merchandise Planner you will be responsible for optimizing the inventory flow and content in close synergy with the Buying team and in partnership with Supply Chain, Retail, Finance and our vendors.
This role is responsible for optimizing the inventory flow and content; included in that would encompass creating sales plans, forecasting sales and receipts to maximize opportunities and reduce risks in WOS (Weeks of Supply), maintaining the Open To Buy in close partnership with Buying, and leading the item selling reorder review meetings and reporting. Additionally, the Planner will manage replenishment program for our top items and create and present stretch plans for our top brands. The Planner will also be responsible for running financial scenarios to provide necessary data in key business decisions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Forecasts, maintains, and presents the OTB weekly, monthly, and quarterly
- Owns weekly sales report for all product categories
- Creates, analyzes, and leads Item and Category weekly recaps highlighting sales wins and opportunities and exit strategies for inventory gluts
- Analyzes and reacts to performance of strategy based on actual sales and current trend performance to mitigate risk and capitalize on opportunities
- Reviews weekly reorders in balance with the OTB and in partnership with Buying
- Leads the creation and share out of the sales plans, target receipts, markdowns, and WOS monthly
- Collaborates with Buying and other cross functional teams to build seasonal strategies by utilizing selling curves by region and store attributes
- Develops, maintains, and optimizes projections, inventory flow, and sales plan for key categories and brands
- Recommends pricing and promotional opportunities that align with departments financial goals
- Creates and maintains store by store stock goals on a quarterly basis
- Owns inventory forecasts and demand plans for all private label brands
- Exhibits initiative to look beyond everyday business and find opportunities to scale categories and brands
- Contributes to the quarterly hindsight and key financial meetings in order to maximize sales, margin, and inventory productivity
- Reviews promotions efficiencies to progress the inventory planning and support future promos
(Note: The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), and all applicable state and local fair employment practices laws, and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. Consistent with this commitment, the Company will provide a reasonable accommodation to disabled applicants and employees if the reasonable accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship.)
- Has strong verbal communications skills to lead high level conversations and synergize with all key cross functional teams
- Is fluent in retail math, retail planning, and forecasting to be able to deduce key actions from retail KPI’s
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills and a strong aptitude with numbers
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel, specifically with formulas and pivots, and strong aptitude to learn technical applications quickly
- Able to synthesize large quantities of data to drive business decisions
- Has great prioritization and organizational skills
- Has a team-player mentality and ability to work within a cross-functional workplace dynamic.
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 4-5 years of experience in Retail Merchandise Planning or similar role.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities as of now, but possibly in the future.
This is a full-time position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Occasional weekends depending on company/industry needs and demands.
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
No travel will be expected for this position.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
No Hi-B sponsorship. Completion and successful passing of Background and Drug Screen. No relocation package available.
MedMen Is An Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship, past, current, or prospective service in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable laws.